Piazza Della CisternaCurrently Closed
This is the most beautiful square of the town mainly surrounded by workshops and taverns. Though it is a town square but is actually triangle in shape and is strangely a bit sloping. There is a well in the middle of this square and the place got its name from it. It was built in the 13th century and was later enlarged. Its original name was Piazza DelleTaverne and also Piazza dell’Olmo due to the tall elm tree out here.
- This place is extremely charming and visitors find something magical here.
- The highlights are the cobbled streets, old buildings and many shops.
- The most notable attractions in and around this square are the children’s home, towers and the houses of famous people.
- There is also the ‘Devil’s Tower’ on the other side of the city. It was named so because of its extraordinary height.
How to Reach Piazza Della Cisterna
- Buses SG1 and SG2 till Piazza Duomo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Gimignano include Piazza Della Cisterna in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.76% of people start their Piazza Della Cisterna visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Piazza Della Cisterna
54.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Piazza Della Cisterna