Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano
About Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano
Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano - Address
Address: Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano SI, Italy
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 14.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Landmark, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Square, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is the most beautiful square of the town mainly surrounded by workshops and taverns. Though it is a town square but is actually triangle in shape and is strangely a bit sloping. There is a well in the middle of this square and the place got its name from it. It was built in the 13th century and was later enlarged. Its original name was Piazza DelleTaverne and also Piazza dell’Olmo due to the tall elm tree out here.
- This place is extremely charming and visitors find something magical here.
- The highlights are the cobbled streets, old buildings and many shops.
- The most notable attractions in and around this square are the children’s home, towers and the houses of famous people.
- There is also the ‘Devil’s Tower’ on the other side of the city. It was named so because of its extraordinary height.
How To reach Piazza Della Cisterna by Public Transport
- Buses SG1 and SG2 till Piazza Duomo
Restaurants Near Piazza Della Cisterna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Fai - Torre E Casa Campatelli
- Relais Santa Chiara Hotel
- Podere Bellavista
- Palazzo Tortoli
- Villa La Palagina
- Piazza Della Cisterna
- San Gimignano Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Gimignano