Piazza Della CisternaCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza Della Cisterna, San Gimignano SI, Italy, 53037
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-0577940008
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Square, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Tower, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Piazza Della Cisterna - Review
This is the most beautiful square of the town mainly surrounded by workshops and taverns. Though it is a town square but is actually triangle in shape and is strangely a bit sloping. There is a well in the middle of this square and the place got its name from it. It was built in the 13th century and was later enlarged. Its original name was Piazza DelleTaverne and also Piazza dell’Olmo due to the tall elm tree out here.
- This place is extremely charming and visitors find something magical here.
- The highlights are the cobbled streets, old buildings and many shops.
- The most notable attractions in and around this square are the children’s home, towers and the houses of famous people.
- There is also the ‘Devil’s Tower’ on the other side of the city. It was named so because of its extraordinary height.
How To reach Piazza Della Cisterna by Public Transport
- Buses SG1 and SG2 till Piazza Duomo
Restaurants Near Piazza Della Cisterna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Piazza Della Cisterna
95% of people who visit San Gimignano include Piazza Della Cisterna in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.76% of people start their Piazza Della Cisterna visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Piazza Della Cisterna
54.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Piazza Della Cisterna
Piazza Della Cisterna Trips
6 Views16 Days 15 Nights17 Day Trip to Madrid, Milan, Venezia, Florence, Siena, Rome, Sorrento from SantiagoBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Milan, Venezia, Florence, Siena, Rome, Sorrento
1 View16 Days 15 Nights18 Day Trip to Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Naples, Siena, Versailles from SuwaneeBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Naples, Paris
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Venice, Florence, Siena, Positano, Rome from Castle RockBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Venice, Florence, Siena, Positano, Rome