Rocca Of Montestaffoli, San Gimignano
About Rocca Of Montestaffoli, San Gimignano
Rocca Of Montestaffoli, San Gimignano - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza del Duomo, 1 53037 San Gimignano (Siena Tuscany)
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 1.8K times in trip plans
Observatory, Castle, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
As you cross the Piazza Dumo you come across a hill, on top of which you will see a castle and this is known as the Rocca of Montestaffoli. This was also a Dominican Convent at one time and also a Florentine fortress when Florence won over the region.
- This building has a pentagonal base with beautiful turret designs on all sides. It is still protected by a drawbridge and a front gate.
- All the turrets except one are closed as they have almost broken down.
- Every year in the 3rd weekend of June, the Rocca Theatre opens for the lovely Medieval Festival.
Restaurants Near Rocca Of Montestaffoli
- LaMandragola, La Griglia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
Rocca Of Montestaffoli, San Gimignano Reviews - Write a Review
Great views from the top! Surrounded by olive trees with a pretty courtyard in the center. Definitely worth climbing to see this. It's also free. We went around lunchtime(1:30) and it wasn't too crowded. Later on when looking from one of the towers it was very crowded so try to go earlier on.
Beautiful viewpoint amongst the olive trees with plenty of outdoor seating and a small wine bar attached to the wine museum
My favourite place in San Gimignano, with the best views. Lovely olive trees. A perfect place for a picnic.
The best views in the whole area, and not generally swarming with people like the main squares. Fantistic!
Great views of san giminano and the surrounding land
- Nearby Attractions
- Palazzo Buonaccorsi
- Bed And Breakfast Donna Nobile
- Piazza Grande
- Tenimenti Ruffino Srl
- Barberino Val D'elsa
- Torre Del Diavolo
- San Gimignano
- San Gimignano Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Gimignano