This is an artistic and cultural museum in the old part of the city in the province of Sienna. The museum was publicly opened in February, 2010. It was originally a part of an old church and was located in the middle of the city. The present location was chosen later in 2013.
- There were mainly 10 galleries in the museum out of which there were models that represent the middle ages, life in the past, occupations that were prevalent during the early days of people in this city and other ceramic models of old buildings and monuments.
- Notable exhibits are the works of Michelangelo and RaffaeloRubino, paintings by Enrico Guerrini and the models of cattle and animals.
- There are other galleries also apart from these.
- Since the relocation of the museum, it has faced many damages and also has been projected to heat and rain due to which it has lost much of its charm. Works are however on for its renovation.
San Gimignano 1300 Travel Tips
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- A museum shop present within the premises.
How to Reach San Gimignano 1300
- Buses SG1 and SG2 till San Giovanni- San Francesco
- Restauarante Chiribiri
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Gimignano include San Gimignano 1300 in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.55% of people start their San Gimignano 1300 visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see San Gimignano 1300
57.04% of people prefer walking in order to reach San Gimignano 1300