San Gimignano 1300, San Gimignano
About San Gimignano 1300, San Gimignano
San Gimignano 1300, San Gimignano - Address, Phone Number
Address: Via Costarella, 3, San Gimignano SI, Italy
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 10.4K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is an artistic and cultural museum in the old part of the city in the province of Sienna. The museum was publicly opened in February, 2010. It was originally a part of an old church and was located in the middle of the city. The present location was chosen later in 2013.
- There were mainly 10 galleries in the museum out of which there were models that represent the middle ages, life in the past, occupations that were prevalent during the early days of people in this city and other ceramic models of old buildings and monuments.
- Notable exhibits are the works of Michelangelo and RaffaeloRubino, paintings by Enrico Guerrini and the models of cattle and animals.
- There are other galleries also apart from these.
- Since the relocation of the museum, it has faced many damages and also has been projected to heat and rain due to which it has lost much of its charm. Works are however on for its renovation.
San Gimignano 1300 Information
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- A museum shop present within the premises.
How To reach San Gimignano 1300 by Public Transport
- Buses SG1 and SG2 till San Giovanni- San Francesco
Restaurants Near San Gimignano 1300
- Restauarante Chiribiri
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
San Gimignano 1300, San Gimignano Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent monument of medieval culture and architecture. From that tower you are going to get stunning views at San Gimignano.
Pleasantly surprised to find free entry to view the miniature clay replica of the town - well worth stopping in
Small city that can be explored in a day. It is very well preserved and is just beautiful. It is a must visit
Loved this place. Must go up to the top of the tower and enjoy the view of this town and surrounding
Fascinating and intricately constructed scale model of San Gimignano in the Middle Ages. The craftsmanship is phenomenal. Shows San Gimignano as it was when all of its towers were still standing. A must see.
- Nearby Attractions
- Piazza Della Cisterna
- San Gimignano Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 48 Hours in San Gimignano
- What to See in 72 Hours in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 5 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 6 Days in San Gimignano
- How to Spend 7 Days in San Gimignano