It was built in the city’s powerful patrician families in the age of feudalism. San Gimignano bell tower is a reminder of a once ubiquitous architectural trend. Admire at the 14 different towers still in existence. The tallest of which stands 54 m (177ft) high. At one point, 72 of these study stone structure accentuated they town’s skyline. Climb more than 250 steps to the top of the Torre Grossa for views of the other towers and the Tuscan countries. It has a beautiful and uncanny atmosphere. You will enjoy the majestic view of the entire city. The history is so breathtaking and impactful. The best part is to see the sunset with a spectacular view of the city.
- Combined ticket for all Civic museums: 6 Euro
- Reduced price: 5 Euro
- Combined ticket for Civic museums + Exhibitions: 7.50 Euro
- Reduced ticket for San Gimignano bell tower: 6.50 Euro
- Reduced for: Children (6-17), People over 65 years, Goups (20+)
- Free: Local residents, Children below 6 years, Disabled person and companion, Tour guides. ICOM badge holders.
- Bus no 128, 130, 133, SG1, SG2 from San Gimignano P.S. Matteo to San Gimignano bell tower.
- Bus no 128, 130, 133, SG1 from San Gimmignano Inc. Niccolo to bell tower
- Take the Bus no SG1 and SG2 from Piazza Duomo to bell tower.
- Take the bus no SG1 and SG2 from Bagnaia to bell tower.
- Bus no SG1 from Via Canonica to bell tower.
- LaMandragola, RistorantePerucà, Dorandò.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Gimignano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Gimignano and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Gimignano include San Gimignano Bell Tower in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.77% of people start their San Gimignano Bell Tower visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see San Gimignano Bell Tower
53.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach San Gimignano Bell Tower