Museo Nacional De Costa Rica480 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cuesta de Moras, San José, Costa Rica Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +506-22571433
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
Preserving the history and culture of Costa Rica, the Museo Nacional De Costa Rica with its extensive exhibits regarding culture, archaeology, anthropology, wildlife and military will be a perfect treat to your trip to San Jose. The museum was opened in 1950 within the 1917’s military barrack and the exterior walls still bear the bullet holes from the Civil war in 1948. As you enter the Museo Nacional De Costa Rica, you will be amazed to see the pre-Columbian artefacts with the Colonial period cannons displayed at the courtyard. The highlights of the museum are the metates or the stone tables from pre-Columbian era, Sala de Oro or the gold room and the ceramic sculptures. The Butterfly Garden, the Nobel Peace Prize and the sculpture of Jose Figueres are also notable.
How to Reach Museo Nacional De Costa Rica
- Buses to stop - Parada de Buses de Paraíso
- Buses to stop - Parada Frente a la Asamblea
- Buses to stop - Parada del Museo
- Buses to stop - Parada de Bario Mexico y Barrio Lujan
- Museo Nacional De Costa Rica Address: Cuesta de Moras, San José, Costa Rica
- Museo Nacional De Costa Rica Contact Number: +506-22571433
- Museo Nacional De Costa Rica Timing: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!