Castillo De San Cristobal2093 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Calle Norzagaray | Old San Juan, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico.
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7877296777
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Fort, Tunnel
Known as Fort San Cristobal, it is the largest fortification in San Juan and comes under one of the monuments of San Juan National Historical Site. Although the order to build it was given as far back as 1625 its construction began only a century after in 1765 and was completed in 1783. The Spaniards were attacked countless times by the English and the Dutch and San Cristobal proved as a staunch fortress which defended all attacks until the late 19th century during the Spanish American Wars. The tunnels inside the fort, the sentries, and the armed walls prove to be an interesting visit and offer a peek inside its history. There’s also a point, a sentry box known as The Devil’s Guerite which is ripe with legends of disappearing soldiers. Although inaccessible to public, it can be seen from the upper part of the fort.
Castillo De San Cristobal Travel Tips
- Disable friendly, except for the lower levels in Castillo San Felipe del Morro.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castillo De San Cristobal
- Children under 15 FREE
- Parking fee is $2.00 per hour.
- For a detailed list of Annual passes and reservations, refer website.
Castillo De San Cristobal Hours
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
- For a detailed list of activities, refer website.
How to Reach Castillo De San Cristobal
- Free trams numbered 1 to 26 are available throughout the city every 15 to 20 mins.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Juan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Juan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Juan include Castillo De San Cristobal in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
67.81% of people start their Castillo De San Cristobal visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castillo De San Cristobal
69.01% of people prefer walking in order to reach Castillo De San Cristobal