How to Reach San Juan, Puerto Rico
The Easiest Way to Reach San Juan
HOW TO GET TO SAN JUAN
- By Air: Luis Munoz Marín International Airport serves San Juan and is located 5 kilometres south east of the city. US Airline flights are aplenty and serve major cities like Madrid, Frankfurt, Toronto, Washington D.C., Manchester and many others.
- By Ferry: You can catch a ferry from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. It is operated by Ferries del Caribe. Vehicle transportation can also be availed on the ferry.
HOW TO GET AROUND SAN JUAN
- By Car: Renting a car is the most convenient way to get around San Juan. However, have a map or GPS handy as the road signs are in Spanish and some of them aren’t properly marked. If you get spooked easily, we should warn you that natives do not have a placid driving style.
- By Train: Tren Urbano is the rapid transit rail line that serves San Juan, however it only connects it to the towns of Guaynabo and Bayamon. If you’re interested in tourist attractions, you’d rather skip this mode of transportation.
- By Bus: The most inexpensive way to travel around the city. But remember, you’ll have to flag down one because San Juan buses don’t care about people who don’t put in some effort to get a ride. Timings may be unpredictable.
- By Taxi: You can find cabs around hotels and Old San Juan. They are metred so don’t let the cab driver fleece an ignorant tourist. Load up on tourist information and look up fares before travelling.
- By Ferry: The Catano Ferry crosses the San Juan bay every half hour. It served Old San Juan and Catano.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to San Juan and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in San Juan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Juan. The most preferred mode of transport in San Juan is Car.
Average distance: 20.43 km Average time: 40.36 min
Car 92.86%Driving 41.38 min Overall average time for 21.63 kms 41.38 min
Walking 7.14%Walking 25 min Driving 2 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 27 min
- How to Reach Cities Near San Juan
- How to reach Carolina
- How to reach Dorado
- How to reach Barranquitas
- How to reach Orocovis
- How to reach Fajardo
- How to reach Guayama
- How to Reach Top Cities in Puerto Rico
- How to reach Aguadilla
- How to reach Cabo Rojo
- How to reach Culebra
- How to reach Morovis
- How to reach Manatí
- How to reach Patillas
- How to reach Yabucoa
- How to reach Naranjito
- How to reach Ponce
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Bhavnagar
- How to reach Or Yehuda
- How to reach Al Ghardaqah