How to Reach San Juan - The Easiest Way to Reach San Juan
HOW TO GET TO SAN JUAN
- By Air: Luis Munoz Marín International Airport serves San Juan and is located 5 kilometres south east of the city. US Airline flights are aplenty and serve major cities like Madrid, Frankfurt, Toronto, Washington D.C., Manchester and many others.
- By Ferry: You can catch a ferry from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. It is operated by Ferries del Caribe. Vehicle transportation can also be availed on the ferry.
HOW TO GET AROUND SAN JUAN
- By Car: Renting a car is the most convenient way to get around San Juan. However, have a map or GPS handy as the road signs are in Spanish and some of them aren’t properly marked. If you get spooked easily, we should warn you that natives do not have a placid driving style.
- By Train: Tren Urbano is the rapid transit rail line that serves San Juan, however it only connects it to the towns of Guaynabo and Bayamon. If you’re interested in tourist attractions, you’d rather skip this mode of transportation.
- By Bus: The most inexpensive way to travel around the city. But remember, you’ll have to flag down one because San Juan buses don’t care about people who don’t put in some effort to get a ride. Timings may be unpredictable.
- By Taxi: You can find cabs around hotels and Old San Juan. They are metred so don’t let the cab driver fleece an ignorant tourist. Load up on tourist information and look up fares before travelling.
- By Ferry: The Catano Ferry crosses the San Juan bay every half hour. It served Old San Juan and Catano.
Are you looking for a San Juan travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in San Juan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Juan. The most preferred mode of transport in San Juan is Car.
Average distance: 18.82 km Average time: 38.53 min
Car 88.24%Driving 39.87 min Overall average time for 20.69 kms 39.87 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.88%Bus 20 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 30 min
Walking 5.88%Walking 25 min Driving 2 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 27 min
How to Reach San Juan from Nearby Cities
|Guaynabo to San Juan||4.82 km||4 mins|
|Bayamón to San Juan||8.87 km||8 mins|
|Carolina to San Juan||11.71 km||48 mins|
|Rio Grande to San Juan||36.96 km||29 mins|
|Luquillo to San Juan||49.2 km||40 mins|
|Arecibo to San Juan||79.76 km||57 mins|
|Isabela to San Juan||122.48 km||40 mins|
- How to reach Fajardo
- How to reach Aguadilla
- How to reach Carolina
- How to reach Dorado
- How to reach Cabo Rojo
- How to reach Culebra