San Juan CathedralCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 151 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, 00902, Puerto Rico.
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7877220861
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Cathedral
San Juan Cathedral - Review
Also known as Catedral de San Juan Bautista, it is second oldest Cathedral in the Americas. Commissioned to be built in 1521 it was destroyed by a hurricane and later rebuilt and reshaped many times over to its current shape in 1917. It is believed by many to be Puerto Rico's greatest religious site. Being located tight next to the sea gate, the foreign dignitaries from the ancient times were led right to the cathedral first. The stained glass windows, the impressive facade, the overall Spanish catholic vibe to the cathedral is absolutely stunning and is a must to be experienced.
San Juan Cathedral Information
- The great spanish conqueror Juan Ponce de Leon’s tomb is buried here.
How To reach San Juan Cathedral by Public Transport
- Ask locals for direction. Drive or walk if possible.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in San Juan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Juan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting San Juan Cathedral
95% of people who visit San Juan include San Juan Cathedral in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
35.76% of people start their San Juan Cathedral visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see San Juan Cathedral
59.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Juan Cathedral
San Juan Cathedral Map
San Juan Cathedral Trips
San Juan Cathedral, San Juan Reviews
Church was incredible. Such history. Worth the time to see.
Amazing 1540 church. Oldest cathedral in this part of world. Still an active church. Tomb of Juan Ponce de Leon inside. How cool is that.
The Cathedras is a special place full of spirituality and the presence of God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Excellent!
This place is beautiful, the stain glass windows are so vibrant. Everything from the floor to the ceiling is completely decorated with a huge amount of attention to detail. Its really not like anything else you will see in San Juan, if you are visiting old town stop here and take a look.
Beautiful building with knowledgeable staff simply amazing
All QuestionsSan juan cathedral
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames