San Juan was Spain’s prized possessions mainly because of the access it gave to trade routes in the Caribbean. Hence the Spaniards spent a lot of time fortifying the city. The national historic site is just one of 400 such sites in Puerto Rico and it comprises of La Fortaleza, Castillo San Cristobal, Castillo San Felipe del Morro, City Walls of Old San Juan and Fortín San Juan de la Cruz (El Cañuelo). Together they were designated as ‘World Heritage Site’.
San Juan National Historic Site Travel Tips
- For a detailed list of Annual passes and reservations, refer website.
- Disable friendly, except for the lower levels in Castillo San Felipe del Morro.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Juan National Historic Site
- Children under 15 FREE.
- Parking fee is $2.00 per hour.
San Juan National Historic Site Hours
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day.
- For a detailed list of activities, refer website.
How to Reach San Juan National Historic Site
- Free trams numbered 1 to 26 are available throughout the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Juan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Juan and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit San Juan include San Juan National Historic Site in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
44.16% of people start their San Juan National Historic Site visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see San Juan National Historic Site
58.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Juan National Historic Site