How to Reach San Luis Obispo
HOW TO GET TO SAN LUIS OBISPO
- By Air: Flights from the major cities of San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Phoenix avail services to San Luis Obispo’s one-terminal airport. There are chartered flights or air taxi services from San Diego too.
- By Rail: Amtrak's trains that cater to the south and north arrive at San Luis Obispo every day at 3:30pm. Alternatively there are trains from Los Angeles twice a day.
- By Road: You can reach San Luis Obispo by road, buy the many bus services or a car. Greyhound lines is the cheapest bus service to SLO. Additionally, there is the county's regional transit authority serves the farthest south and north cities of Santa Maria, San Simeon and Paso Robles respectively. If you are driving down, both Highway 101 and Highway 1 run through SLO.
HOW TO GET AROUND SAN LUIS OBISPO
- By Car: Given the town’s compactness, a car is an unnecessity in SLO. But if you must, then there is a $1 per fee per hour, downtown, whereas the rest of the town is free.
- By Bus: SLO has a very good network of city transit systems, that cover most of the points of interest.
- By Taxi: Most of the taxi services cater to the airport and train stations. They are pretty expensive compared to the brilliant bus services. If you must avail one, call Yellow Cab or 234 Taxi to schedule your pickup.
- By Bike: Being a very bike-friendly town, SLO has well-marked cycle tracks throughout. You can rent a bike throughout the year, but during the farmers’ market you get the opportunity to avail an exciting service of bike valet!
- On Foot: While this is the best way to explore San Luis Obispo, some distances are a little too much to walk, and can be reached a faster pace. But if you like to explore a city at your own leisure, this is the way to go!
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Luis Obispo. The most preferred mode of transport in San Luis Obispo is Car.
Average distance: 17.7 km Average time: 41.8 min
Car 80%Driving 17.5 min Overall average time for 19.31 kms 17.5 min
Walking 20%Walking 123 min Driving 16 min Overall average time for 11.27 kms 139 min
|Pismo beach to San Luis Obispo||8.19 km||8 mins|
|Atascadero to San Luis Obispo||11.5 km||11 mins|
|Baywood-los osos to San Luis Obispo||19.92 km||19 mins|
|Morro bay to San Luis Obispo||21.68 km||21 mins|
|Santa maria to San Luis Obispo||31.35 km||31 mins|
|Parkfield to San Luis Obispo||43.01 km||43 mins|
|Dos palos to San Luis Obispo||96.55 km||1 hour 36 mins|
|Hollister to San Luis Obispo||122 km||2 hours 2 mins|
|Fresno to San Luis Obispo||128.14 km||2 hours 8 mins|
|Morgan hill to San Luis Obispo||153.32 km||2 hours 33 mins|