San Marino Tourism
Popular for its three towers of the Guaita, Cesta and the Montale over the Monte Titano, the City of San Marino is quaint and enlightening along with being a delightful surprise. The city possesses enough attractions that can be easily covered in a day’s time, but its subdued, effervescent charm complete with typical European characteristics of cobbled stone streets, a gamut of museums accommodated into places, squares featuring historically significant structures, and churches will charm you to stay a little longer than a day. A fabulous city for adults and children, San Marino is full of activities including hiking at the San Marino Nature Park, that also connected all the three towers, or enjoying a day full of adventure at the San Marino Adventures where activities like zip lining and archery can be done. Having mentioned all of this, the fact that this is one of the most popular racing venues in the world hosting racing events such as Formula One, San Marino Grand Prix at the nearby Imola and the MotoGP among others.This is also when the city tends to be pretty crowded, selling out most of the best places to stay in San Marino. As you stroll around its squares and buildings the medieval history of the town will glare you into the eye making you want more of the city. Attractions where you will want to spend the day admiring the Apennine Mountains and the Adriatic Sea on the horizon, are all over the city. All in all, this is that city that will evoke your history and art interests. So, take a cue from all the information laid here. From the best time to visit San Marino to festivals and events around which you can plan your trip, we’ve covered it all!
Essential travel information and San Marino tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central European Time Zone; UTC+1
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 230 V/ 50 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Italian is the official language; Sammarinese too is widely spoken. English is the third language.
- Security: Dial 112/113 for Police, 118 for medical and 115 for Fire Brigade.
- Off-beaten Path: There are many hikes on the Monte Titano which you can explore.
- Tipping: Typically,a service charge is added to the menu price in restaurants, bars, etc. In this case, tipping is optional. If not, 5-10% of your bill as the tip will be appreciated.
San Marino Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for San Marino. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using San Marino trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of San Marino
Save 5%The Best of San Marino Walking TourNew on TripHobo
Save 4%San Marino Private Walking Tour with Professional GuideNew on TripHobo