San Sebastian Tourism
San Sebastian is a coastal city located in Spain that lies a mere 20 km away from the French border. The first evidences of human settlement in San Sebastian as far as 24,000 to 22,000 BC. It later became a Roman territory.
Now, it is famous for being one of the most popular tourist destinations in Spain owing to its pleasant oceanic climate and rich culture. The city has been selected as European Capital of Culture for 2016, a title it shares with Wroclaw in Poland. Whether it’s the San Sebastián Jazz Festival or the International Film Festival, the city boasts of great, well-attended events all year round that celebrates arts.
Whether you’re in the mood to relax and unwind on one of its many beaches, or have an adventurer’s soul and want to trek up the hills to see the beautiful views that the city has to offer; San Sebastián’s interesting topography will give you plenty to do over the course of your stay.
The city also has some gastronomic surprises in store for you. According to a 2013 ranking, two of the world’s top ten best restaurants can be found in this quaint city—Akelare and Arzak. The tapas and pintxos at ParteVieja will leave you craving for more!
A relaxing ambience or a fun-filled setting—San Sebastián has got that and more! So go and have a memorial experience in the city that has it all!
Essential travel information and San Sebastian tips for your visit
- Since precipitation is near constant, remember to carry an umbrella.
- There are no duty-free shops at the San Sebastián airport. Also, there is no WiFi.
- A town in France is called Saint Sébastien. Don’t be confused while booking your tickets.
- Parking is very costly in the downtown area, costing as much as €20/day or more. Also, parking spots are underground and can be difficult to find. It is advisable that you used a map.
- If you are staying for a longer period, you could buy the Kutxa chip card from the Kutxa Bank’s main office which will give you bus tickets at a discount.
- If you have brought a bike card, remember to return it before the end of the day otherwise you will not get your deposit back. Also, you can use one bike for a maximum of 4 hours non-stop.
- There is a local app available on both Android and IOS that tells you bus arrival times for any bus stop selected.
- There are many WiFi spots in the city that are free to access. Check your phone for the sign.
San Sebastian Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for San Sebastian. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using San Sebastian trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of San Sebastian
Save 7%Ultimate San Sebastian Pintxos & Wine Tour (Evening)
3 Hrs4 Reviews
Save 7%Biarritz and French Basque coast tour from San Sebastian
8 Hrs7 Reviews
Save 7%San Sebastin Electric Bike Tour
3 Hrs17 Reviews
Save 7%Walking Pintxo Bar Dinner Tour--Chef Led!
5 Hrs1 Reviews
Save 7%San Sebastian Walking Tour with Pintxo and a Drink
2 Hrs7 Reviews
Save 5%Rioja Wine Tasting Tour from San Sebastian
9 Hrs1 Reviews
are there city tours? What is the cost and duration? How many days does one spend in San Sebastian?Answer Report Abuse
Ideally, 2 days are enough to explore San Sebastian. You can check out this extensive list of tours and activities in San Sebastian that will help you make the most of your time in the city.Report Abuse
Do most hotels have heating in bedrooms for the winter months?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, most of the mid-range and luxury hotels have a heating system. You can check hotels in San Sebastian, use different filters to optimize the search result, and choose the best one that suits your budget and preferences.Report Abuse