Good Shepherd Cathedral304 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Urdaneta, 12, 20006 San Sebastián, Gipuzkoa, Spain, San Sebastian
- Phone: +34-943464516
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Cathedral
This lovely monument is the seat of the Suffragan Diocese of San Sebastian and is under the Archdiocese of Pamplona y Tudela. It is the most prominent religious building of the city and also the largest of Gipuzkoa. This was built in the late 19th century and has been designated as a cathedral since 1953. The cathedral is built in an old Neo- Gothic style.
The main features that enhances the beauty of the cathedral are-
- Indoor Furniture: The cathedral went through extensive reforms in 1972 and is at present even more beautiful. The carvings on the walls, the pillars, the chairs and the altar of the good Shepherd are all extremely beautiful. The figures of the 4 Evangelists along with other altars and shrines make an important part of the interior.
- Stained Glass: The stained glasses of the cathedral were designed by Juan Bautista Lazaro. These occupy seven double windows and have motifs of Jesus Christ, the 12 apostles, sacred hearts of Jesus and Mary and other holy figures.
- Organ: The original set was said to be the largest in Spain. The present one consists of 5 keyboards for hands, 2 for feet and 106 stops. There are also other pipes and pedals.
Good Shepherd Cathedral Travel Tips
- It is expected that you will dress conservatively when you come here.
How to Reach Good Shepherd Cathedral
- Bus numbers : 23 and 32 till San Bartolome, 9
- Oriental San Sebastian Restaurant
- Pizzeria la Mina
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Sebastian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Sebastian and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.1% of people who visit San Sebastian include Good Shepherd Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
73.77% of people start their Good Shepherd Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Good Shepherd Cathedral
75.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Good Shepherd Cathedral