How to Reach San Sebastian
HOW TO GET TO SAN SEBASTIAN
- By Air: You can reach the city through the San Sebastian airport located 20 km away from the town centre. You can also catch a flight to the Biarritz-Anglet-Bayonne International Airport which lies a mere 50 km away from the city. Train and bus services are available from there to reach San Sebastian.
- By Train: International trains arrive from France to Hendaye and Irun stations. From Hendaye, you will have to take a Euskotren train and from Irun a RENFE Cercanías train to San Sebastian.
- By Bus: If you are travelling from the Basque Country, it is better to take the bus. A number of bus companies serve San Sebastián. This is the cheapest mode of travel.
HOW TO GET AROUND TO SAN SEBASTIAN
- On Foot: The best way to see San Sebastián and all that is has to offer is on foot.
- By Bus: The city has a convenient bus service plying at a flat rate of €1.45 per journey. It is possible to buy a tourist card which will give you discounted prices on the bus tickets.
- By Bicycle: During the summers, bicycles can be hired. Bike lanes are plenty in the downtown area. You should avail a bike-card at the Tourist Information Center. That way, you can use any of the multiple bikes around the city from 10 am to 9 pm.
- By Taxi: You can also take taxis to get around the city. Remember that you can’t simply hail a cab. You will have to book one over the phone or go to a designated taxi stand to get one.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in San Sebastian. The most preferred mode of transport in San Sebastian is Car.
Average distance: 30.33 km Average time: 49.67 min
Car 66.67%Driving 27.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 40 kms 28.5 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 80 min Driving 12 min Overall average time for 11 kms 92 min
|Hernani to San Sebastian||5.85 km||5 mins|
|Usurbil to San Sebastian||9.24 km||9 mins|
|Errenteria to San Sebastian||10.06 km||10 mins|
|Aduna to San Sebastian||14.4 km||14 mins|
|Irun to San Sebastian||21.49 km||21 mins|
|Aizarnazabal to San Sebastian||29.19 km||29 mins|
|Pamplona to San Sebastian||67.44 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Bilbao to San Sebastian||106.17 km||1 hour 46 mins|
|Leioa to San Sebastian||111.53 km||1 hour 51 mins|
|Getxo to San Sebastian||114.14 km||1 hour 54 mins|