This is a historic museum situated in the Old Town inside an old 16th century magnificent building. This was earlier a place of a Dominician Convent. Used previously on as an artillery barrack, this was transformed into a municipal museum in the 20th century. The building is completely of the Renaissance style with the cloisters and the canvass decorations. Most of the decorative works were the contributions of the famous Catalan artist Jose Maria Sert. It was later renovated extensively and a brand new museum with fresh collections added was opened up in 2011.
San Telmo Museo Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- Food or drinks from outside is not allowed.
- Do not touch any of the exhibits.
- Most of the information is in Spanish so it is good if you have a guide with you.
San Telmo Museo Hours
- Wednesdays to Sathurdays : 10:00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Tuesday : 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. / 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Mondays, sundays and Bank Hollidays will be closed.
Museum will be open on Bank holidays.
How to Reach San Telmo Museo
- Bus number 39 till San Telmo
- A Fuego Negro
- Bar Zeruko
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in San Sebastian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in San Sebastian and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.44% of people who visit San Sebastian include San Telmo Museo in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
52.17% of people start their San Telmo Museo visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see San Telmo Museo
72.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting San Telmo Museo