Bija Mandal-vidisha DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: Madhya Pradesh 464001, Sanchi, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Take a trip from Sanchi to Vidisha to witness exquisite art and architecture. Popularly known as Vijayamandira Temple, the Bija Mandal was constructed in the 11th century, but was subsequently destroyed in the year 1682. However, you can still see the ruins today and imagine its original form. You can see one of the pillars that bears an inscription suggesting that the original temple was dedicated to Goddess Charchika. The same inscription also bears the name of King Naravarman and Goddess Vijaya, after whom the temple is believed to be named. Interestingly, there is also a 7th century step-well along with two tall pillars depicting Krishna scenes inside the premises of this temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bija Mandal-vidisha District
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Bija Mandal-vidisha District
- By Bus Stop: Vidisha
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanchi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanchi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bija Mandal-vidisha District Address: Madhya Pradesh 464001, Sanchi, India
- Bija Mandal-vidisha District Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Bija Mandal-vidisha District(preferred time): 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bija Mandal-vidisha District: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.85% of people who visit Sanchi include Bija Mandal-vidisha District in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60% of people start their Bija Mandal-vidisha District visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bija Mandal-vidisha District
88.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bija Mandal-vidisha District
People normally club together Sanchi Museum and Tropic Of Cancer while planning their visit to Bija Mandal-vidisha District.