How to Reach Sanchi - The Easiest Way to Reach Sanchi
- By Air: The nearest airport to Sanchi is in Bhopal, the Raja Bhoj Airport. After you get down at this airport, you will have to take a taxi or cab to Sanchi which is around 55 kms away.This airport has considerably good connections with major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, and Raipur.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Sanchi is in Bhopal, which is also the terminus of the Shatabdi Express, with shuttles daily between Delhi and Bhopal. From here, you can take a taxi/bus to Sanchi.
- By Road: You can easily reach Sanchi on bus via Bhopal (46 km), Vidisha (10 km) and Indore (232 km). Buses are easily available from the terminus stations.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available in the town. You can hire one to visit the attractions.
- By Bus: State-transport as well as privately owned buses run throughout Madhya Pradesh. Options, in the form of local buses, semi-deluxe buses, deluxe buses etc, are available in Sanchi town.
- By Auto Rickshaw: Auto Rickshaws are cheap and a viable modes of transportation to move around the city.
Are you looking for a Sanchi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Sanchi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sanchi. The most preferred mode of transport in Sanchi is Car.
Average distance: 14.75 km Average time: 44.33 min
Car 40%Driving 19.25 min Overall average time for 9 kms 19.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 55 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 65 min
Motorbike 10%Motorbike 75 min Overall average time for 30 kms 75 min
Bike 20%Bike 27.5 min Overall average time for 16 kms 27.5 min
Walking 10%Walking 100 min Bike 20 min Overall average time for 8 kms 120 min
How to Reach Sanchi from Nearby Cities
|Ahmedabad to Sanchi||569.73 km||9 hours 29 mins|
|Kolkata to Sanchi||1180.49 km||19 hours 40 mins|
|Dubai to Sanchi||2498.2 km||41 hours 38 mins|
|Santiago to Sanchi||16903.46 km||281 hours 43 mins|