How to Reach Sanchi
- By Air: The nearest airport to Sanchi is in Bhopal, the Raja Bhoj Airport. After you get down at this airport, you will have to take a taxi or cab to Sanchi which is around 55 kms away.This airport has considerably good connections with major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, and Raipur.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Sanchi is in Bhopal, which is also the terminus of the Shatabdi Express, with shuttles daily between Delhi and Bhopal. From here, you can take a taxi/bus to Sanchi.
- By Road: You can easily reach Sanchi on bus via Bhopal (46 km), Vidisha (10 km) and Indore (232 km). Buses are easily available from the terminus stations.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available in the town. You can hire one to visit the attractions.
- By Bus: State-transport as well as privately owned buses run throughout Madhya Pradesh. Options, in the form of local buses, semi-deluxe buses, deluxe buses etc, are available in Sanchi town.
- By Auto Rickshaw: Auto Rickshaws are cheap and a viable modes of transportation to move around the city.