Udaygiri Caves27 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Madhya Pradesh 464001, Sanchi, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Cave, Family And Kids, Architecture
Travelers who visit Sanchi also visit the famous Udaygiri caves for a pure indulgence in ancient art and architecture. A stroll through these caves will introduce you to the local art that finds a strong presence even in today’s world. These caves were established by ChandraguptVikramaditya, after defeating Shak's' in the 4th and 5th Century A.D. Today, they symbolise the unique identity of Gupta art and architecture. Rich in artistic expression, they offer you an insight into what constituted art in ancient India. The beautifully moulded capitals, the design of the entrance gateway and the architrave work as a string course around the structure making it look appealing as well as intriguing.
Udaygiri Caves Travel Tips
- Carry sun-glasses and water bottles to beat the heat during day-time visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Udaygiri Caves
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Udaygiri Caves
- By Rented car from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanchi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanchi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Udaygiri Caves Address: Madhya Pradesh 464001, Sanchi, India
- Udaygiri Caves Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Udaygiri Caves(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Udaygiri Caves: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
10.23% of people who visit Sanchi include Udaygiri Caves in their plan
50% of people start their Udaygiri Caves visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Udaygiri Caves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Udaygiri Caves
People normally club together Udayagiri Caves and Sanchi Museum while planning their visit to Udaygiri Caves.