One of the favourites weekend getaway for citizens of not just Ohio but even other, adjoin cities from other states, Ohio is such an adrenaline-rushing delight. Long been resorted to as “The Place” for spring and summer breaks, Sandusky has a reputation of young and reckless. Featuring some of the most amazing amusements arks, along with waterparks, this city boasts of the terrific Cedar Point that has consistently won the accolade of being one of the best amusement parks in the world. Indeed, this park houses some crazy, nerve-wracking rides along with some humble games that can be enjoyed by those who are not fans of thrill rides. Accommodations incorporating some fantastic waterparks, some even based on the themes of Caribbean, Sandusky is just the right amount of fun you need after all those studies and work.
Apart from the amusement parks, the city also has some super enlightening museums throwing light on diverse topics. While some educate about the rich maritime history of the city, others pay an ode to military veterans and art. What’s more? One of the best places to drive at, Sandusky can also be a gateaway to some tranquil islands perched at approachable distance by a ferry. One cannot miss the wildlife conservation areas either, home to some exquisite species of birds and animals. These also double up as great trails to tread, for those on the advent of hikes.
All in all, a great place that has something for everyone!
Essential travel information and Sandusky tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Eastern Time Zone; UTC-05:00
- Currency- US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet- The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages- English is the official language Nikko. Spanish is spoken too.
- Security- Dial 911 for police, ambulance, or fire
- Off-beaten Path- NA
- Tipping- Although not customary, tipping is appreciated as a form of gratuity.
- Tourist Traps- NA
- It is illegal to cross the causeway to Cedar Point by foot.
Sandusky Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Sandusky. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Sandusky trip planner.