Visit Sandusky - Best of Sandusky
One of the favourites weekend getaway for citizens of not just Ohio but even other, adjoin cities from other states, Ohio is such an adrenaline-rushing delight. Long been resorted to as “The Place” for spring and summer breaks, Sandusky has a reputation of young and reckless. Featuring some of the most amazing amusements arks, along with waterparks, this city boasts of the terrific Cedar Point that has consistently won the accolade of being one of the best amusement parks in the world. Indeed, this park houses some crazy, nerve-wracking rides along with some humble games that can be enjoyed by those who are not fans of thrill rides. Accommodations incorporating some fantastic waterparks, some even based on the themes of Caribbean, Sandusky is just the right amount of fun you need after all those studies and work.
Apart from the amusement parks, the city also has some super enlightening museums throwing light on diverse topics. While some educate about the rich maritime history of the city, others pay an ode to military veterans and art. What’s more? One of the best places to drive at, Sandusky can also be a gateaway to some tranquil islands perched at approachable distance by a ferry. One cannot miss the wildlife conservation areas either, home to some exquisite species of birds and animals. These also double up as great trails to tread, for those on the advent of hikes.
All in all, a great place that has something for everyone!
Sandusky Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Sandusky tips for your visit
- Time Zone- Eastern Time Zone; UTC-05:00
- Currency- US Dollar
- Electricity and Internet- The voltage is 120 V/ 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages- English is the official language Nikko. Spanish is spoken too.
- Security- Dial 911 for police, ambulance, or fire
- Off-beaten Path- NA
- Tipping- Although not customary, tipping is appreciated as a form of gratuity.
- Tourist Traps- NA
- It is illegal to cross the causeway to Cedar Point by foot.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Sandusky and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Sandusky- Know before you go to Sandusky
Sandusky Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Sandusky
- Cities Near Sandusky
- Southwest Tourism
- Center Township Tourism
- St. Clair Township Tourism
- Winfield Township Tourism
- North Buffalo Township Tourism
- Lincoln Charter Township Tourism
- Fallston Tourism
- Aleppo Township Tourism
- Adams Township Tourism
- Waterford Township Tourism
- Richhill Township Tourism
- Cowanshannock Township Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Garden Suburb Tourism
- Villa Urquiza Tourism
- New Straitsville Tourism
- Marbury Tourism
- Markleysburg Tourism
- La Grulla Tourism
- Lukachukai Tourism
- Östra Eldslösa Tourism
- Loiré Tourism
- Perlez Tourism