Bowman's Beach, Sanibel
About Bowman's Beach, Sanibel
Bowman's Beach, Sanibel - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1700 Bowmans Beach Road, Sanibel, FL 33957, United States
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Warm white sand, warmer beach breezes and delicious smells wafting off barbecue grills will mellow you down at Bowman’s Beach. This pretty beach in Sanibel Island is a favourite amongst visitors thanks to its many amenities and isolated location.
This beach is located off Sanibel-Captiva Road. You’ll have to park your car, walk over a few bridges and hike up for around 5 minutes. Once your feet touch the soft, powdery sand, you’ll get to relax in front of the glittering Gulf of Mexico. There aren’t any hotels here and it’s usually less crowded than the typical beach.
- You can do all the beach basics, like swimming, snorkelling, beach ball and etc.
- The beach is covered in shells, so shell collectors will have a blast.
- You’ll have access to picnic tables and outdoor grills so bring a picnic basket and some food and have a beach party.
- There are nature and fitness trails all around the beach.
- There’s also canoe and kayak launching here
Bowman's Beach Information
- There are restrooms, changing rooms and an outdoor shower.
- There’s free handicap parking.
- Public telephone at restrooms.
- Be careful! If you go over the time on the parking meter, the penalty will be $50!
- The beach is dog friendly but make sure you clean up after your pooch.
Bowman's Beach Ticket Prices
- Parking fees- $3/hour.
Restaurants Near Bowman's Beach
- Lazy Flamingo (Seafood)
- The Mad Hatter (New American)
- Sunset Grill (Fine dining)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful beach. Gorgeous Sand. Tons of shells! Water was warm and clear! A little bit of a walk from bathrooms/shelter/parking lot but totally worth it!
Perfect white sands, beautiful beach scenery, tons of shells. This place is perfect for sunning, shelling or swimming! It is well kept.
Beautiful scenery. 4 dollars an hour to pay for parking and a bit of a hike to the beach. Very warm water but not many shells as advertised. Very nice over all
A pretty long walk out to the beach but worth it. Found lots of shells. Has a nice sand bar too.
Beautiful seashells & super family friendly! Clean beach & not much water traffic disturbing the tranquility here! This was one of our favorites!!! Showers and restrooms useful & clean! Lots of picnic areas too!
- Nearby Attractions
- Lighthouse Cafe
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center/international Drive Area
- Doc Ford's Sanibel Bar & Grill
- Matlacha Pass National Wildlife Refuge
- Lighthouse Beach Park
- Seahorse Cottages On Sanibel
- Sandalfoot Beachfront Condominium
- Sanibel Inn
- Sanibel Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sanibel
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sanibel
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sanibel
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sanibel
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sanibel
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sanibel