Bowman's BeachCurrently Closed
- Address: 1700 Bowmans Beach Road, Sanibel, FL 33957, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2393951860
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
Bowman's Beach - Review
Warm white sand, warmer beach breezes and delicious smells wafting off barbecue grills will mellow you down at Bowman’s Beach. This pretty beach in Sanibel Island is a favourite amongst visitors thanks to its many amenities and isolated location.
This beach is located off Sanibel-Captiva Road. You’ll have to park your car, walk over a few bridges and hike up for around 5 minutes. Once your feet touch the soft, powdery sand, you’ll get to relax in front of the glittering Gulf of Mexico. There aren’t any hotels here and it’s usually less crowded than the typical beach.
- You can do all the beach basics, like swimming, snorkelling, beach ball and etc.
- The beach is covered in shells, so shell collectors will have a blast.
- You’ll have access to picnic tables and outdoor grills so bring a picnic basket and some food and have a beach party.
- There are nature and fitness trails all around the beach.
- There’s also canoe and kayak launching here
Bowman's Beach Information
- There are restrooms, changing rooms and an outdoor shower.
- There’s free handicap parking.
- Public telephone at restrooms.
- Be careful! If you go over the time on the parking meter, the penalty will be $50!
- The beach is dog friendly but make sure you clean up after your pooch.
Bowman's Beach Ticket Prices
- Parking fees- $3/hour.
Restaurants Near Bowman's Beach
- Lazy Flamingo (Seafood)
- The Mad Hatter (New American)
- Sunset Grill (Fine dining)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bowman's Beach
95% of people who visit Sanibel include Bowman's Beach in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
51.34% of people start their Bowman's Beach visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bowman's Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach Map
Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Reviews
This was one of our last stops on our vacation. And what a wonderfully relaxing place! Get there early before the crowd. You do have to pay for parking, but it's worth it. The sound of the water washing through all of the shells is like medicine, the sand is wonderful, and the beach stretches on for quite a ways. They do offer little outside showers to since the sand off before you get back in the car, and there are pretty nice restrooms/changing areas to use between the beach and the parking lot. Would love to come here again!
This has to be a bucket list for anyone on the gulf coast. Great place for families of all ages. Parking is reasonable and they have plenty of clean bathrooms with changing areas. The beach is littered with shells and the water is warm with light waves with the high tide. I had a 1 year old and 9 year old entertained for the whole day. I would recommend this beach for anyone in the radius. Bring a lunch and a credit card for the parking.
Bowman's Beach is absolutely gorgeous. Family-friendly crowd, beautiful teal water, and plenty of places to lay out. It's only $5/hour to park here, which I thought was a great deal. That's cheaper than parking at a lake in Minneapolis (where we're from). Lots of cool signs that provide interesting environmental/ecological information. Worth the visit! It's an incredible beach!
Great beach for searching for shells, quaint. 5 min walk to get to the beach from designated parking. Parking meters at exit but no signs or instructions. Overall very nice beach for all activities (snorkeling, fishing, kayaks, etc)
Nice beach! Lots of shells and beautiful sand. Clean restroom, very nice place. Only reason for 4 stars is not much parking- but I suppose that is really a good thing to keep ot from getting too crowded.
All QuestionsBowman's beach
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta
Find places near Bowman's Beach, Sanibel
ATM 6406 Sanibel Captiva Rd2.211 km away
Sanctuary Snackery 5654 Baltusrol Ct1.813 km away
Lighthouse Cafe 2515 Key Lime Pl1.866 km away
Sunset Grill 6536 Pine Ave2.217 km away
Mad Hatter Restaurant 6460 Sanibel Captiva Rd2.329 km away
Il Teseri 1700 Bowmans Beach Rd1.077 km away
Lazy Flamingo 6520 Pine Ave2.191 km away