Warm white sand, warmer beach breezes and delicious smells wafting off barbecue grills will mellow you down at Bowman’s Beach. This pretty beach in Sanibel Island is a favourite amongst visitors thanks to its many amenities and isolated location.
This beach is located off Sanibel-Captiva Road. You’ll have to park your car, walk over a few bridges and hike up for around 5 minutes. Once your feet touch the soft, powdery sand, you’ll get to relax in front of the glittering Gulf of Mexico. There aren’t any hotels here and it’s usually less crowded than the typical beach.
- You can do all the beach basics, like swimming, snorkelling, beach ball and etc.
- The beach is covered in shells, so shell collectors will have a blast.
- You’ll have access to picnic tables and outdoor grills so bring a picnic basket and some food and have a beach party.
- There are nature and fitness trails all around the beach.
- There’s also canoe and kayak launching here
Bowman's Beach Travel Tips
- There are restrooms, changing rooms and an outdoor shower.
- There’s free handicap parking.
- Public telephone at restrooms.
- Be careful! If you go over the time on the parking meter, the penalty will be $50!
- The beach is dog friendly but make sure you clean up after your pooch.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bowman's Beach
- Parking fees- $3/hour.
- Lazy Flamingo (Seafood)
- The Mad Hatter (New American)
- Sunset Grill (Fine dining)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sanibel include Bowman's Beach in their plan
50% of people start their Bowman's Beach visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bowman's Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bowman's Beach