Bowman's BeachCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: 1700 Bowmans Beach Road, Sanibel, FL 33957, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2393951860
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Picnic Spot
Bowman's Beach - Review
Warm white sand, warmer beach breezes and delicious smells wafting off barbecue grills will mellow you down at Bowman’s Beach. This pretty beach in Sanibel Island is a favourite amongst visitors thanks to its many amenities and isolated location.
This beach is located off Sanibel-Captiva Road. You’ll have to park your car, walk over a few bridges and hike up for around 5 minutes. Once your feet touch the soft, powdery sand, you’ll get to relax in front of the glittering Gulf of Mexico. There aren’t any hotels here and it’s usually less crowded than the typical beach.
- You can do all the beach basics, like swimming, snorkelling, beach ball and etc.
- The beach is covered in shells, so shell collectors will have a blast.
- You’ll have access to picnic tables and outdoor grills so bring a picnic basket and some food and have a beach party.
- There are nature and fitness trails all around the beach.
- There’s also canoe and kayak launching here
Bowman's Beach Information
- There are restrooms, changing rooms and an outdoor shower.
- There’s free handicap parking.
- Public telephone at restrooms.
- Be careful! If you go over the time on the parking meter, the penalty will be $50!
- The beach is dog friendly but make sure you clean up after your pooch.
Bowman's Beach Ticket Prices
- Parking fees- $3/hour.
Restaurants Near Bowman's Beach
- Lazy Flamingo (Seafood)
- The Mad Hatter (New American)
- Sunset Grill (Fine dining)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bowman's Beach
95% of people who visit Sanibel include Bowman's Beach in their plan
50% of people start their Bowman's Beach visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Bowman's Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach, Sanibel Reviews
This beach is definitely worth the effort to wake up early for! So many shell piles you’ll not even know what to do with yourself! Yes I said shell PILES. They were the largest piles of shells I’ve ever encountered! As well as I’ve never seen so many variety of marine life washed on shore. We had a blast walking up and down this pretty beach. Don’t forget your bag for carrying your haul!
This is a great public beach. The walk from the parking area to the beach is a bit long especially if you are carrying a bunch of beach chairs in 100 degree heat. However, the beach is really good. Unfortunately, I was here during the awful red tide advisory which did have an impact on how much and how long we were able to stay. Of all the beaches on Sanibel and Captiva, this was one of the only beaches that were only moderately affected by the red tide blooms at the time. Bonus: did see a tortoise, per the picture, on the walk from the parking lot to the beach!
What a stunning beach! Perfect for any time of day, whether you are hunting for shells at sunrise, getting your morning exercise in, cooling off in the ocean, strolling in the afternoon, or watching the sunset Bowman's beach is a great place for all of these activities. If you are shell hunting make sure to go early as you will have competition for those nice shells.
Pretty nice beach. Looooong damn walk from parking to beach so don't load yourself up like a pack mule. Had tons of parking which is surprising. Overall had a great time.
This has to be a bucket list for anyone on the gulf coast. Great place for families of all ages. Parking is reasonable and they have plenty of clean bathrooms with changing areas. The beach is littered with shells and the water is warm with light waves with the high tide. I had a 1 year old and 9 year old entertained for the whole day. I would recommend this beach for anyone in the radius. Bring a lunch and a credit card for the parking.