Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow161 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3883 Sanibel Captiva Rd, Sanibel, FL 33957, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2394723644
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Educational Site, Bird Watching
CROW is home to one of the country’s most prominent wildlife rehabilitation centers, with state-of-the-art facilities, a qualified veterinarian and dedicated volunteers.
In 1968, Island resident Shirley Walter came across an injured tern and carried the bird home. She tried to find a facility that would look after the bird but found none, and shared her story with friends. This prompted a group of volunteers to come together and form CROW. The very first year found the group receiving 500 distress calls. The group became a non-profit in the 70’s and started to add to their facilities and collection of medical equipment. Today it’s an award winning organization that looks after hundreds of sick and injured animals.
- They have interactive displays and daily presentations on the ‘Wonders of Wildlife’.
- Live feed ‘critter cams’ give viewers a chance to see the staff and volunteers provide medical care to the animals.
- There are quizzes, games and other activities at the Visitor Education Center.
- Festivals and workshops take place here regularly to spread information on conservation medicine.
Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow Travel Tips
- All the activities occur in the Visitor Education Center.
- There’s a retail gift shop that carries a variety of toys, clothing, home decor, jewellery and educational items perfect for adults and children.
Entrance Ticket Details For Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow
- Members: Free
- Adults: $5.00
- Teens: $3.00
- Children 12 and Under: Free
- Full tour of all the medical facilities: $20
Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow Hours
- December 15 through April 30: WOW Presentations at 11:00am & 2:00 pm
- May1 through December 14: WOW Presentations at 11:00am
- Doc Ford’s Sanibel Bar and Grille (Caribbean)
- The Sandbar (American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Oyster)
- Blue Coyote Supper Club (Continental)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.98% of people who visit Sanibel include Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
91.3% of people start their Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Clinic For The Rehabilitation Of Wildlife Crow