The Gulfside City Park Beach, also known as Algiers Beach, is a long stretch of shell filled sand along the Gulf of Mexico. There is a park as well as the beach, and their numerous features give you the best of both worlds.
- The park is a popular dog walking area but it’s essential your pooch is kept on a leash. Cleaning up after them is a must.
- There’s a bike path in the park that leads you to an old pioneer cemetery.
- There’s a picnic area and lots of nature trails, so you can muster up an appetite with some running or bicycling and then enjoy a meal in the park.
- The beach is also dog friendly but again, cleaning up and leashing your pet are essential.
- Like many other beaches in Sanibel, this beach is filled with beautiful, pastel coloured shells and starfish.
- Because of its central location, the waters are shielded from strong currents. This makes for good swimming conditions.
- Barbecue grills are available.
- A lot of visitors consider this the best beach in Sanibel.
Gulfside City Park Travel Tips
- You’ll find the best shells at low tide.
- The bathrooms are clean.
- From Middle Gulf Drive, watch for the trail heading into a wooded area, which is 0.2 mile from Casa Ybel and 1.1 mile from Fulgur. Follow this path past the cemetery until it meets a paved road, at which point you take a left to the parking lot.
- From Casa Ybel, watch for the Gulfside Park sign at Algiers. Follow the path south on Algiers. When the path splits from the road and heads into a wooded area, stay on the path for the cemetery and nature trail, or stay on the road for beach access.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gulfside City Park
- Parking: $3/hour
- There’s no parking charge post 7:00 pm
How to Reach Gulfside City Park
- On Foot
- Coconuts (American)
- The Sandbar (American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Oyster Bar)
- Greenhouse Grille (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.7% of people who visit Sanibel include Gulfside City Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
78.57% of people start their Gulfside City Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gulfside City Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gulfside City Park