Periwinkle WayCurrently Open
- Address: Sanibel, FL 33957 USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Park, Landmark, Walking Area
Imagine a long stretch of road, with delicious odours of expertly cooked food wafting past you. Boutique stores filled with Floridian fashion and quirky treasures, some of the best hotels on the Island and a host of other cosmopolitan delights make Periwinkle Way special. It’s also home to beautiful semi tropical trees and foliage, making this one of the Islands prettiest streets.
This street has been the island’s top most commercial center for a while, as well as an important connector for the average commuter. The Sanibel Lighthouse starts the Eastern end of the road and it stretches over two canals lined with large boats and lavish homes. The road ends as Tarpon Bay Road begins.
- Shopping on Periwinkle Way is a favourite, and there are a number of boutiques one can choose from. You can get kitschy souvenir from Tiki Jim, beaded jewellery at Valhalla or clothes from Chicos.
- You can visit the Periwinkle Park and Playground and rent out motorhomes or tents. This place has all the basic amenities such as wireless internet, picnic tables, gas, and pavilions for conferences. And it’s just 10 minutes away from the beach.
- You can reach the local lighthouse, library and post office from here.
Periwinkle Way Travel Tips
- Each outlet/restaurant has its own opening hours, you can find out more information at the visitors center.
- Traffic between 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm is particularly awful so try to avoid this time.
- If you’re for a long while and want to save money on the bridge toll, rent a bicycle.
- If you’re driving a car, be careful.. bicyclists rule the paths here.
- East End Deli
- Bennet’s Fresh Roast (American)
- Lazy Flamingo (Seafood)
- The Jacaranda (American)
- Chip’s Sanibel Steakhouse (Steak, Seafood)
- Sanibel Fish House (Seafood, Shrimp)
- The Island Cow (American)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Periwinkle Way Address: Sanibel, FL 33957 USA, United States
- Periwinkle Way Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Periwinkle Way(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Periwinkle Way: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Sanibel include Periwinkle Way in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
28.05% of people start their Periwinkle Way visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Periwinkle Way
92.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Periwinkle Way
People normally club together Sanibel Causeway and Sanibel Island Lighthouse while planning their visit to Periwinkle Way.