Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel
Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Sanibel Causeway Fort Myers, FL 33908, USA
Ticket Price: 6 USD
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
View Point, Bridge, Tourist Center, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel
Biking, fishing and gliding over the sea is possible thanks to the Sanibel Causeway. It spans over the San Carlos Bay and connects Sanibel Island with the Florida mainland in Punta Rassa. This is 3 kilometers of bridge with two lanes, owned and operated by Lee Country.
Automobile ferries have been services Sanibel Island from as far back as 1912. As demand for vehicles increased, and a few wildfires hit the Island, the people of the Island realized the need for better accessibility into Sanibel. The bridge was ready for use in 1963 and since then has been transformed in the Causeway that stands today. The causeway leads to three bridges, A, B and C, each separated by the small islands you’ll probably want to visit.
- You can fish upon the Causeway, and if you go really early you’ll be rewarded with peace and solitude.
- Cycling here is also a favourite, given the smooth roads and the glittering water. It also makes for a nice early morning drive.
- Since the completion of the current bridges, the islands that separate them are known as ‘Causeway Islands Park’. The islands are referred to as Island A and Island B, and they serve as public beaches. Kitesurfing and windsurfing are really popular here.
Sanibel Causeway Information
- Traffic can be terrible on the Causeway so try to avoid going during office hours.
- Once you reach the end of the Causeway bridge you’ll be on the island. Soon, you'll be on Causeway Road until you get to Periwinkle Way. The Visitors' Center is on this street. After Periwinkle, the road continues as Lindgren Blvd.
Sanibel Causeway Ticket Prices
- $6 for cars, $2 for motorcycles
- Free for bicycles
- For larger vehicles, the fee is calculated at $3 per axle.
Restaurants Near Sanibel Causeway
- Gramma Dot’s Restaurant (Seafood)
- The Island Cow (American, Seafood)
- Doc Fords Fort Myers Beach Rum Bar and Grille (American)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.