Museums, historical architecture and learning centers are all child friendly, but your little one is bound to have the biggest blast at the playground situated within Sanibel Community Park. With soft, mulchy grass providing a soft cushion every time they fall, you can sit by in peace as your kids run around and burn their energy to their heart’s content.
- The park has huge, canvas covers, guaranteeing shade from the hot Floridian sun.
- Swings, slides, climbing, shuffleboard and sand volleyball are just a few of the play equipment.
- There’s an area for smaller children.
- The play area is gated with a child resistant latch to keep your kid inside.
- There are picnic tables, so you and the kids can eat after all that running around.
- There are bathrooms and a water fountain.
Sanibel Community Playground Travel Tips
- The area is completely non-smoking.
- Different festivals, such as the food festival ‘Taste of the Islands’, take place in this park. You can find out whether any such festival is taking place during your visit at the Visitor’s Center.
- The Island Cow
- Rosie’s Cafe and Grille (American, Seafood, Cafe)
- Greenhouse Grille (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.7% of people who visit Sanibel include Sanibel Community Playground in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
66.67% of people start their Sanibel Community Playground visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Sanibel Community Playground
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sanibel Community Playground