Sanibel Moorings Botanical GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: 845 East Gulf Drive Sanibel Island, FL 33957, USA, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2394724119
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Botanical Garden, Nature
Blue African Iris, yellow and orange Reed Orchids, red Weeping Hibiscus and an astounding variety of flowering plants, herbs and tropical trees create a stunning rainbow of petals and leaves in the Moorings Botanical Gardens.
Built in 1974, the gardens have been tended to by expert gardeners and botanists. The collection of plants are constantly being added to, and today this vibrant garden is cared for by Anita Force Marshall.
- The garden is intertwined around a popular beach side resort. Spread over 6 acres, the resort is quiet and close to numerous sights. Fragrant flowers, lectures on shells and a close proximity to the beach ensures a soothing stay just seconds away from the Garden.
- There are hundreds of native plants and non-invasive tropical species which include collections of bromeliads, cacti, hibiscus, orchids, palms, fruits, and cycads. The species of flowers that are in bloom changes every month, and you can check out the official website to see which flowers are in bloom when you’re visiting.
- Along with the plants, you’ll find butterflies, birds, rabbits, turtles and many other animals.
Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens Travel Tips
- The Self-Guided Tour is highly recommended. It gives you access to a map which demarcates the 6 acres of beach front resort and Botanical Gardens. Plus, you’ll get more than 80 different plant ID signs, including scan codes. Click on those in order to get information on the thousands of unique tropical plants in the Garden.
- Private garden tours can be arranged for groups (minimum 10 people) you choose the day and time. $5.00 fee per person.
- The Garden is home to Aire Painting Days on any Wednesday 9am-4pm.
- Cross over Periwinkle Way onto Lindgren Blvd. Turn left onto East Gulf Drive. Make a right at 845 East Gulf Drive.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens
- Entry to the Gardens is complimentary for resort guests.
Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens Hours
- There are public tours every Wednesday at 9:00 am
- Sea Star Cafe and Bar (American, Seafood, Steakhouse)
- Il Cielo (American)
- Lazy Flamingo II Incorporated (American, Seafood)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sanibel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sanibel and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sanibel include Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50% of people start their Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens
People normally club together Sanibel And Captiva Chamber Of Commerce And Visitors Center and Periwinkle Way while planning their visit to Sanibel Moorings Botanical Gardens.