Arroyo Burro County Beach Park889 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2981 Cliff Dr, Santa Barbara, CA 9310, United States Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8056873714
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Observatory, Aquarium, Walking Area, Play, Leisure, Family And Kids, Adventure, Neighborhoods , Nature
Referred to as Hendry's Beach by the locals, with much fondness, this is the perfect place to meet for either brunch or get a cocktail at sunset. A picturesque beach park, one can stroll or jog along the sandy shore, watch for whales, surf fish, swim, or ride the wild surf – this really is the complete recreational beach experience. You’ll often find the wide, spacious beach overrun with happy kids and dogs.
Known primarily for its gorgeous sandy beaches, you will also find a cool grassy area for picnics and playing areas.
Located just 5 miles west of Santa Barbara's city centre,the park is well-equipped for you to have a ball of a time – flush with BBQ Grills, beach access, benches and picnic tables, Equestrian trails, fishing area, restaurants, restrooms and seasonal lifeguards. There is also scope for bird watching.
This is also a fun destination for a field trip as one of the special features of the Santa Barbara County Beach Park include the Watershed Resource Centre, a site for education programs that enhance awareness about watershed resources and the impact of human activities on these. Additionally, you will also learn how watershed restoration helps in improving water quality and how the community can protect creeks, wetlands and other water bodies.
Arroyo Burro County Beach Park Travel Tips
- If you’re driving here, bear in mind that the park is located 5 miles west of Santa Barbara's city centre on Cliff Drive near Hope Ranch.Take Las Positas Road south to Cliff Drive from Highway 101. Turn right and travel 1/2 mile to the park entrance.
How to Reach Arroyo Burro County Beach Park
- The MTD bus on Line 5 - Mesa/La Cumbre will drop you off right at the entrance of Santa Barbara County Beach House.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santa Barbara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Barbara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arroyo Burro County Beach Park Address: 2981 Cliff Dr, Santa Barbara, CA 9310, United States
- Arroyo Burro County Beach Park Contact Number: +1-8056873714
- Arroyo Burro County Beach Park Timing: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm
- Best time to visit Arroyo Burro County Beach Park(preferred time): 09:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arroyo Burro County Beach Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
50.14% of people who visit Santa Barbara include Arroyo Burro County Beach Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
27.45% of people start their Arroyo Burro County Beach Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arroyo Burro County Beach Park
92.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arroyo Burro County Beach Park
People normally club together Shoreline Park and Santa Barbara Maritime Museum while planning their visit to Arroyo Burro County Beach Park.