Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara
About Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara - Address, Phone Number
Address: Stearns Wharf, 219 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93109, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 11.2K times in trip plans
Landmark, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Stearns Wharf is indisputably the most beautiful wharf on the California coast. Santa Barbara’s most popular landmark today, it is lined with souvenirshops and several places where you can sample seafood. The SB Shellfish Co, located near the south end of the wharf has some amazing lobster bisque and also offers full lobster dinners at very reasonable prices.
Named after its builder, John P. Stearns, the wharf single-handedly served the passenger and freight shipping needs of California's South Coast for over a quarter century since the completion of its construction in 1872.
At the time, it was the longest deep-water pier between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The construction of the Harbor Restaurant in 1941 was a real landmark, as not only did it mark the end of the shipping and transportation era of the 1800’s, the restaurant went on to become the economic backbone of the wharf.
The Stearns Wharf has weathered its fair share of storms in its time, so to speak, with two major fires and an earthquake in the last century alone. Much restoration work ensued after these natural and economic disasters and the wharf, thus, endures till today, a significant symbol.
Suffice to say, no visit to Santa Barbara would be complete without a stroll down this beauty and a trademark photograph overlooking the wharf.
Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf Information
- Carry your camera along for the trip.
- Make a nice evening out of it, with shopping and dinner and drinks to boot.
- The Stearns Wharf is shut between 2AM to 6AM.
- Stearns Wharf Parking System allows for single vehicle parking; however, over-sized vehicles must park in designated yellow stalls located in Garden Street or Palm Park parking lots. For single vehicles, the first 90-minutes are free w/Merchant Validation - $2.50 per hour or any part of an hour.
Restaurants Near Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf
- Rusty’s Pizza Parlour
- El Torito
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santa Barbara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Barbara and book an accommodation of your choice.
Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- The Santa Barbara Bowl Foundation
- Los Agaves Restaurant
- Ucsb Visitor Center
- Land Shark
- Hyatt Santa Barbara
- Spanish Garden Inn
- Agave Inn
- Ihsp Santa Barbara
- Montecito Inn
- University Of California, Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Santa Barbara
- What to See in 48 Hours in Santa Barbara
- What to See in 72 Hours in Santa Barbara
- How to Spend 5 Days in Santa Barbara
- How to Spend 6 Days in Santa Barbara
- How to Spend 7 Days in Santa Barbara