Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns WharfCurrently Open
- Address: Stearns Wharf, 219 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93109, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-8055645530
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Stearns Wharf is indisputably the most beautiful wharf on the California coast. Santa Barbara’s most popular landmark today, it is lined with souvenirshops and several places where you can sample seafood. The SB Shellfish Co, located near the south end of the wharf has some amazing lobster bisque and also offers full lobster dinners at very reasonable prices.
Named after its builder, John P. Stearns, the wharf single-handedly served the passenger and freight shipping needs of California's South Coast for over a quarter century since the completion of its construction in 1872.
At the time, it was the longest deep-water pier between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The construction of the Harbor Restaurant in 1941 was a real landmark, as not only did it mark the end of the shipping and transportation era of the 1800’s, the restaurant went on to become the economic backbone of the wharf.
The Stearns Wharf has weathered its fair share of storms in its time, so to speak, with two major fires and an earthquake in the last century alone. Much restoration work ensued after these natural and economic disasters and the wharf, thus, endures till today, a significant symbol.
Suffice to say, no visit to Santa Barbara would be complete without a stroll down this beauty and a trademark photograph overlooking the wharf.
Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf Travel Tips
- Carry your camera along for the trip.
- Make a nice evening out of it, with shopping and dinner and drinks to boot.
- The Stearns Wharf is shut between 2AM to 6AM.
- Stearns Wharf Parking System allows for single vehicle parking; however, over-sized vehicles must park in designated yellow stalls located in Garden Street or Palm Park parking lots. For single vehicles, the first 90-minutes are free w/Merchant Validation - $2.50 per hour or any part of an hour.
- Rusty’s Pizza Parlour
- El Torito
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santa Barbara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Barbara and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.62% of people who visit Santa Barbara include Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
33.33% of people start their Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf
92.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Santa Barbara Waterfront And Stearns Wharf