Pico Viejo, Santa Cruz De TenerifeCurrently Open
- Address: Teide National Park 38300, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Mountain, Family And Kids, Nature
About Pico Viejo, Santa Cruz De Tenerife
The second highest peak in the Tenerife, the Pico Viejo is a volcanic peak with a nearby crater of almost 700 metres diameter! A geological marvel, the volcano started forming 200,000 years ago and erupted in 1798 to eject around 12 million m3 of lava for three continuous months- forming the beautiful black nostrils of the Tiede (a series of black lava cover).
Explore the terrain in its rawest form to see a spectacular view in Tenerife.
Pico Viejo Information
- You can take a rented car to the ‘nose of Tiede’ of the and start mountain climbing from here.
How To reach Pico Viejo by Public Transport
- You can take a bus from Santa Cruz till the base of the mountain.
- Rented car is preferred which you can park at the parking.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santa Cruz De Tenerife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Cruz De Tenerife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pico Viejo
95% of people who visit Santa Cruz De Tenerife include Pico Viejo in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
45.67% of people plan their visit to Pico Viejo between 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Pico Viejo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pico Viejo
Pico Viejo, Santa Cruz De Tenerife Reviews