How to Reach Santa Cruz
HOW TO GET TO SANTA CRUZ
- By Air: Santa Cruz does not have an airport on its own. Some of the nearby airports include San Jose International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport, and the Monterey Regional Airport. The closest airport of the lot is San Jose International Airport. There are frequent shuttle services that connect the airports with Santa Cruz.
- By Train: Santa Cruz is well-connected with San Jose by Highway 17 Express that runs daily from Caltrain station. Additionally, there are also multiple lines that go up till Watsonville.
- By Bus: There are a few private bus operators like Greyhound who provide frequent bus services connecting Santa Cruz with the major cities nearby.
- By Car: With the establishment of good roads, the connectivity that Santa Cruz shares with the neighboring cities has increased by multi folds. Highway 17 and Highway 1 are the most preferred routes.
HOW TO GET AROUND SANTA CRUZ
- By Bus: Bus service inside Santa Cruz is offered by Santa Cruz Metro. But the frequency is low.
- By Car: If you are interested in exploring the remote parts of Santa Cruz then it is advisable to rent a car. But finding a good parking space is difficult.
- By Bicycle: Cycling in Santa Cruz is a wonderful experience, especially during the summer season. While the roads in the town and the highway are easy, roads on the Santa Cruz Mountain are steep and pose a challenge.
- By Walk: Santa Cruz is pedestrian friendly and most places inside the city can be easily commuted by walk.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Santa Cruz. The most preferred mode of transport in Santa Cruz is Car.
Average distance: 28.54 km Average time: 30.13 min
Car 87.5%Driving 29.71 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 31.96 kms 30.21 min
Walking 6.25%Walking 45 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 45 min
Bike 6.25%Bike 14 min Overall average time for 4.35 kms 14 min