How to Reach Santa Fe - The Easiest Way to Reach Santa Fe
- By Air: The Santa Fe Municipal Airport is located around 25 kilometers away from Santa Fe city and has 3 daily fights from Dallas/Fort Worth. Albuquerque airport is located around 106 kilometers from Santa Fe and is also used to reach the city by further taking the shuttle bus or renting a car.
- By Train: The New Mexico Rail Runner Express is preferred if you are travelling to Santa Fe from Albuquerque and neighboring cities. There are 3 stations in Santa Fe out of which the Santa Fe Depot at the rail yards on Guadalupe Street is preferred for its location at the historic center. You can also use the Amtrak route to reach Lamy located around 25 kilometers from Santa Fe. Regular shuttles operate from Lamy to Santa Fe.
- By Car: You can take the I-25 from Albuquerque to reach Santa Fe. However, do make it a point to start your journey on a pleasant day to avoid the harsh winter storms that often close down the roadway. If you are travelling from or through Madrid and Cerrillos, take the state road 14.
You can also use Route 66 to enter Santa Fe.
- By Bus: The Blue Buses are the most preferred way to get around the counties and communities of Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos and Rio Arriba. The busses are free for use from Monday to Friday and are recommended if you are travelling on a tight budget.
- By Walking: Santa Fe’s well maintained trails and small vicinity is loved by avid walkers who want to explore the city on foot. The downtown area is best covered by walking through the small streets.
- By renting Car/ Bike: Rentals are preferred if you plan on exploring the outskirts of the city and park to go on small hikes.
- By Bicycle: Bicycling is preferred if you are visiting during summer and spring months when the nearby mountains provide the perfect place to get lost in the trails. There are enough parking spaces available around the city too.
- By Taxi/ Uber Cabs: Taxis and Cabs can be easily booked online through apps and websites and if you are looking for an easy ride, it is a good way of getting around the city.
Are you looking for a Santa Fe travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Santa Fe
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Santa Fe. The most preferred mode of transport in Santa Fe is Car.
Average distance: 14.89 km Average time: 17.83 min
Car 100%Driving 17.83 min Overall average time for 14.89 kms 17.83 min
How to Reach Santa Fe from Nearby Cities
|Seton Village to Santa Fe||2.77 km||2 mins|
|Los Alamos to Santa Fe||56.59 km||48 mins|
|Albuquerque to Santa Fe||106.41 km||1 hour 32 mins|
- How to reach Rociada
- How to reach Albuquerque
- How to reach Grants
- How to reach Fort Garland
- How to reach Alamosa
- How to reach Pagosa Springs
- How to reach Fort Sumner
- How to reach Aztec
- How to reach Durango
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco