Nambe Falls just as the name suggests is a waterfall that is absolutely stunning and a hike up to the waterfall would prove to be a delightful experience. There are two trails where one is short and steep and leads up to the lookout point while the other is a longer one. The vast views of the magnificent mountains and the endless horizon are breathtaking. You could also consider camping out there or enjoying a nice little picnic. Directly above the waterfall is an imposing spillway and a 150ft dam that can be spotted even from a distance. The trip to the falls is truly delightful and you would sure be surprised by the beautiful views from the top.
Nambe Falls Travel Tips
- Carry bottled water, snacks and other necessities according to your duration of stay.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nambe Falls
- Sightseeing/Hiking/Picnicking for upto 5 people carload: N$ 10 per car
- Photo Permits: N$ 5 per camera
- Campsite (includes Day Pass): N$ 25 per day
- Camping with water/electrical hookup (Camping allowed in designated areas only): N$35 per day
- Adults (5 fish bag limit): N$15 per day
- Children 12 and under (3 fish bag limit): N$6 per day
- Seniors (5 fish bag limit): N$7 per day
- Boating (no gas motors): N$20 per day
- Float Tubes: N$10.00 per day
- Ramadas: N$35.00 per day
For group sales, call up the place.
Nambe Falls Hours
- Recommended time to visit between: 10.00 am – 02.00 pm
- Falls closes at 06.30 pm
- Season begins in early April and runs through late October.
- Subject to Tribal restrictions; certain blackout dates apply. Please call our information line for updates.
- Fishing, camping and boating are also open 7 days a week.
How to Reach Nambe Falls
- By renting a Car/Bike.
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santa Fe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Fe and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.89% of people who visit Santa Fe include Nambe Falls in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people start their Nambe Falls visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Nambe Falls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nambe Falls
Nambe Falls Reviews & Ratings
$15 entrance fee?!? For WHAT?? Never did make it to the falls. Spent an hour crossing the river at several spots. Then ran out of path so had to come back. You have to be an athletic rock climber to get to the falls. Very dangerous! That's why they post the "Not Responsible for Injuries" sign at the entrance. They know it's RIDICULOUS!! What a joke and rip-off of money. Shame! Don't be deceived when they make it sound like it's a hike to the falls for the average person.
This place is a ripoff . 15$ entrance fee and the guard mentions it is a 20 minute walk in the park; it is not! You have to have good water shoes and be ready to walk in water amidst rocks and knee deep water and rough terrain. Unless you are fit and come prepared, it is not easy. We tried walking on the trail, but you still need to wade through slippery rocks and a snake lying in the sun! We gave up when we saw the snake.. The other route to view the falls from top is steep and strenuous..skip this..
Nice short trek to the waterfall, very beautiful view. A little pricey on the entrance fee, but than again goes back into the parks for all to enjoy.
Very nice. Upper trail will be steep for some. Short, though.
The ranger stops you before you enter to releive you of 15.00 entry. I'm not sure why that amount of money but we paid it. Large parking lot with fire pits and a pathway to the falls. The pathway does go through knee deep rushing water, so by all means bring appropriate footwear. We walked for about 20 minutes to the entrance to the falls but to climb up through the waterfall was daunting and the Rockwall to actually see the falls was extremely dangerous. Its beautiful, but it's in shade and really there a no place to drop a towel and relax. We were hoping to swim or something, but it's not that kind of place.