The New Mexico History Museum showcases Santa Fe’s history and has a huge collection of artefacts, photos and maps encompassing the history of the Native people, Spanish explorers, outlaws, the railroad, World War II, hippies and modern-day New Mexico.
The Museum shares its space with the ‘Palace of Governors’ and is the newest museum in the state! If you love history, a visit here will get you more familiar with Santa Fe’s past.
Entrance Ticket Details For New Mexico History Museum
- N$12 General Admission.
- N$7 New Mexico residents.
- Free on the first Sunday of each month to New Mexico residents.
- Free on Wednesday to New Mexico senior citizens.
- Free to Museum Members and children under 17.
- Free Friday Evenings from 5.00 to 8.00 pm May through October (5.00 to 8.00 pm on first Fridays from November through April)
New Mexico History Museum Hours
- May through October: Open for free from 5.00 to 8.00 pm Fridays.
- November through April: Open for free from 5.00 to 8.00 pm on first Fridays.
How to Reach New Mexico History Museum
- By Bus: Sheridan Avenue Transit Center
- By Train: Santa Fe Depot
- By renting a Car/Bike/Bicycle.
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santa Fe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Fe and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.75% of people who visit Santa Fe include New Mexico History Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50.49% of people start their New Mexico History Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see New Mexico History Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting New Mexico History Museum