New Mexico Museum Of Art321 Votes Currently Closed
The New Mexico Museum of Art offers a rare collection of art work by famous painters and photographers. The museum has a Searchable Art museum with over 20,000 art works from the southwest (majority of them are from New Mexico), a Library and an Archive section (accessible by appointment). The place also has trending exhibitions of prominent art works that represent the evolution of Mexican art through ages. The place is loved for its diversity in art and is also known to host music concerts.
Entrance Ticket Details For New Mexico Museum Of Art
- A N$30 Culture Pass allows you to visit us and each of the state museums and historic sites once during a 12-month period.
- Museum members and children 16 and under are always admitted free.
- The fist Sunday of each month is free for New Mexico residents with ID.
- Wednesdays: Free for New Mexico residents 60 and older with ID.
- Some special shows may require an additional fee.
- Group tour admission is N$6 per person.
- School Groups, including all chaperones, are free. Call up the place to schedule your group visit.
- Non residents of New Mexico: N$ 12
- N$ 7 for New Mexico residents.
How to Reach New Mexico Museum Of Art
- By Bus: Sheridan Avenue Transit Center
- By Train: Santa Fe Depot
- By renting a Car/Bike/Bicycle.
- By Taxi/ Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santa Fe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Fe and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.4% of people who visit Santa Fe include New Mexico Museum Of Art in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.5% of people start their New Mexico Museum Of Art visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see New Mexico Museum Of Art
67.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting New Mexico Museum Of Art
New Mexico Museum Of Art Reviews & Ratings
We visited 8/3/19 in late afternoon and it was very quiet. Beautiful art and sculptures. Lovely courtyard and gardens. Very interesting display on the history of Lake Mead which we found very informative and thought provoking. As we left patrons were arriving for a chamber music event. Highly recommend this museum.
It's always fun to go to museums and other places and see their collections. This one is no exception. It is a must stop and see place. I hope you enjoy it.
Then NMMA has a unique collection of abstract art and a spectacular courtyard fountain with some amazing frescos of early NM life. Enjoy the experience.
Nice mix of sculptures and paintings. Relaxing place to visit. Nice courtyard in the center of the first floor. Fun section of new selections on the second floor.
It was all right, a little on the pricey side for the size of collection exhibited. Seemed currently very photography-heavy, if that's your thing.