Cathedral Basilica Of St Francis Of AssisiCurrently Closed
- Address: 131 Cathedral Pl, Santa Fe, NM 87501, United States, 87501
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5059825619
- Fax: +1-5059891952
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi was built in the late 19th century after a pre-existing 17th century church was destroyed during the Pueblo Revolt.
Today the cathedral is popular for its Romanesque Revival style of construction with beautiful arches separated by Corinthian columns.
- Main Nave
- San Damiano Crucifix
The whole cathedral is loved for its interiors and its classic stained-glass art that oozes 19th century design.
- Sunday: 8:00 am (Spanish), 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 5:15 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am, and for Sunday Obligation-5:15 pm
- Weekdays: 7:00 am & 5:15 pm
- Holy Days: 7:00 am, 12:10 pm, 5:15 pm
- Confession: Saturday(3:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
- Baptism: Call Parish Office for interview.
- Marriage: Contact the church at least 6 months prior to the date of marriage.
- Annointing of the Sick: After 12:00 pm Mass, First Sunday of month or call for appointment.
- By Bus: Sheridan Avenue Transit Center
- By Train: Santa Fe Depot
- By renting a Car/Bike/Bicycle.
- By Taxi/ Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santa Fe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santa Fe and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.83% of people who visit Santa Fe include Cathedral Basilica Of St Francis Of Assisi in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.72% of people start their Cathedral Basilica Of St Francis Of Assisi visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Cathedral Basilica Of St Francis Of Assisi
58.82% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cathedral Basilica Of St Francis Of Assisi
This gorgeous. The architecture retains the definitive Santa Fe Southwestern style while also being grandiose and majestic. This is a must-see for any trip to Santa Fe, regardless of whether you're religious. It's the most spectacular building in the city.
A beautiful church and the people who work there are friendly and knowledgable. The stained glass windows are gorgeous. The main alter and crucifix are uniquely Santa Fe. Be warned, however, this is an active church and you will not be allowed in during funerals and weddings. I would also avoid the area on Sunday mornings unless you plan on attending mass.
We enjoyed our visit to the cathedral. Beautiful stained glass windows and alter piece. Real (not electronic) church bells toll every 15 minutes. Be sure to see the various relics near the front of the church. Also, don't forget to visit the free museum outside and around to the rear of the cathedral. This is a must see if you near The Plaza in downtown Santa Fe.
Do NOT visit on a Sunday not only will there be a ton of people attending mass but you will be rushed by the ushers to exit quickly. A beautiful church but be prepared for a million tourists. If you go for photos beware that you may not get exactly what ya want. Parking is always harder on Sunday as well due to the masses.
Beautiful Cathedral! A must see if you're in Santa Fe, very spiritual. Check out the maze in the front courtyard, it takes a while to navigate but it's very fun!