Centro Cultural Palacio De La MonedaCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Av Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +56-223556500
- Ticket Price: 2000 CLP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda - Review
The cultural center is loved for its wide variety of activities, exhibitions and movies which cover everything about the culture (historic as well as evolving) of America.
Designed by Chilean architect Cristián Undurraga and functioning since 2006, the whole center covers a large part to the south of the Moneda Palace.
The place hosts temporary and permanent exhibitions and also has its own Cinema Theater where you can catch a movie or simple absorb the creativity of the Design gallery and the Tunnel which showcases some of the best art pieces in the region.
The place also showcases exclusive local artwork including artisanal work from remote places in Chile.
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda Information
- Take a tour of the nearby Moneda Place (will need prior reservation) or catch their ‘Changing of the Guards’ Ceremony.
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda Ticket Prices
Main exhibition at Citizenship Square 26 - Metro La Moneda:
- Chilean and foreign residents CLP 2000
- Students, Conventions and Elderly: CLP 1000
- Foreigners $ 5000 | Foreign students CLP 2500
- Free admission every day until 12:00 pm.
- Design Gallery | Gallery Tunnel: Free admission
Movie Theatre and Microcine:
- General: CLP 3000
- Students, Conventions and Elderly: CLP 2000
- Children 's Film: Free every Saturday and Sunday at 3:00 pm
- For any other prices, visit the official website.
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda Opening and Closing Hours
Citizenship Square 26 - Metro La Moneda:
- Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am – 7:30 pm.
Design Gallery & Gallery Tunnel:
- Monday to Sunday from 9:00 am – 7:30 pm.
Cedoc Visual Arts:
- Monday through Thursday from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm; Friday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- National Cinema Movie Theater: 6:15 pm and 8:30 pm; Microcine: 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
- For guided tours, you will have to register 2 weeks in advance. Timings are Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
How To reach Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda by Public Transport
- Metro: At La Moneda station.
- Bus: At PA375 - Parada 2 / (M) Universidad De Chile.
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Car/ Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santiago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda
95% of people who visit Santiago include Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.66% of people start their Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda
92.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda Map
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda Trips
Centro Cultural Palacio De La Moneda, Santiago Reviews
Wonderful, huge underground space that is worth checking out even if you don't pay to enter any of the special exhibits. The Saturday we visited, there was a whole exhibit on Chiloé that was free, and the bottom floor was filled with a very nice art fair. The artists we a nice mix of painters, photographers, ceramics, and textiles.
Visited on a Sunday afternoon and it was very quiet. There is a shop selling handicrafts that looked very interesting. Unfortunately we were going on elsewhere so I was unable to buy.
Beautiful space for expositions. Free before 12:00. There is a nice place for children to entertain themselves and learn at the same time as well as a natural shop with food, beauty and skin care products, and some local spices.
Saw a great exhibit there, Grandes Artistas de Latin America.
Located underground of Palacio de la Moneda, the "house" of the President and home to the political government, it houses art exhibitions from Latin America, and from all the world. Access is free until noon.
All QuestionsCentro cultural palacio de la moneda
- Terminal De Buses Santiago (terminal Sur)
- José Victorino Lastarria
- Movistar Arena Marias
- Museo De Ciencia Y Tecnologia
- Universidad De Chile
- Cerro Santa Lucia As Featured In 3 Days In Santiago
- Cerro San Cristobal As Featured In 3 Days In Santiago And 2 Other Guides
- Balneario Municipal De Arrayan
- La Moneda As Featured In 3 Days In Santiago
- Granja Aventura
- Iglesia San Francisco De Borja