Events and Festivals in Santiago
Santiago has some pretty colorful festivals and events spread all year round but the highlights are during the first few months of the year.
- Love parade: The colorful festival held in January is celebrated with parades, floats, music, food and drinks.
- San Sebasti Feast Day: Held in January to honor the Patron Saint of Chile, devotees take on to the street in parades with music and have s small candle display at night.
- Santiago Jazz Festival: Held in February, the festival is known for live Jazz bands and artists which entertain throughout the Public parks of the city.
- Wine Festival (Vinos de Chile): Hosted at the Plaza San Francisco Hotel every March, the festival showcases 30 of the vineyards around Santiago and includes tastings and entertaining events spread across a whole week.
- Easter: Celebrated in April, Easter is celebrated in churches around Santiago with deep faith and love.
- Independence Day: To celebrate their independence from Spain in 1850, the Independence day is held in September with huge parades and loads of places to party and drink.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Santiago