How to Reach Santiago, Chile
The Easiest Way to Reach Santiago
- The Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (also known as Santiago International Airport or the Pudahel Airport) lies around 17 kilometers to the north-west of Santiago.
- The airport connects Santiago to European cities, Oceania and the rest of America. The huge number of flights operating though the airport accompanies Chile’s ever growing ‘Turismo’ indeed!
- Airport busses and TurBus are easily available at the airport to take you to Santiago. If you want to avoid the traffic, get down at the Pajaritos metro station to take a metro to wherever you are staying in the city. You can also opt for a Transvip (shared shuttle service) or simply take a Taxi.
- If you are travelling by Car, you will have to take the Autopista Central freeway where you will need to have a device called ‘TAG’ or a day pass which permit you to you the freeway.
- Bus rides are available throughout South America and if you a lot of time on your hands, a bus ride journey to reach Santiago will cost you less money but give you a rare sight of Chile’s magnificent places.
- Many travelers do an Argentina-Chile-Brazil bus travel. Even though it is a long-distance travel, pockets of fantastic routes like the route from Santiago and Mendoza (Argentina) is an exquisite sight.
- The bus rides can cost around 19000- 20000 Chilean Peso.
- By Metro: The Metro is one of the best ways to get around Santiago between 6.00 am to 11.00 pm, 7.00 am to 9.00 and 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm are the peak hours and you will have to struggle to keep up with the passengers. Single ride tickets are available without any time limit.
- By Bus: Bus rides can be paid by using a Bip! Card which you can use even for metros and a few shops. Main bus lines operate all day long.
- By Renting a Car/Bicycle: If you plan on exploring Santiago like a local, prefer renting a Car or a Bicycle according to your need. Outskirts (along with its vineyards) are perfect for a Car drive with beautiful views, greenery and clean air.
- By Taxi: 3 types of Taxis are available to get around the city- Normal taxis (black with yellow roof), Radio Taxis (which can be hailed with a phone call) and the ‘Colectivos’ which are shared Taxis that carry around 5 passengers.
Many online websites offer ideal Taxi pricing for Taxis in Santiago and if you have a Smartphone, this might be good idea.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Santiago and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Santiago
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Santiago. The most preferred mode of transport in Santiago is Car.
Average distance: 12.1 km Average time: 37.07 min
Car 28.89%Driving 34.23 min Waiting 1.54 min Walking 0.38 min Overall average time for 21.25 kms 36.15 min
Train/Metro 17.78%Train 27.75 min Walking 9.38 min Bus 9.13 min Waiting 4.63 min Other 0.63 min Overall average time for 13.76 kms 51.5 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 21.6 min Overall average time for 7 kms 21.6 min
Walking 20%Walking 23.33 min Train 5 min Waiting 1.67 min Driving 0.56 min Overall average time for 3.56 kms 30.56 min
Bus/Trolleybus 15.56%Bus 24.14 min Walking 6 min Train 5 min Waiting 4.71 min Overall average time for 6.71 kms 39.86 min
Motorbike 2.22%Motorbike 50 min Overall average time for 20 kms 50 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Santiago
- How to reach Panquehue
- How to reach Achupallas
- How to reach Las Ramaditas
- How to reach Concón
- How to reach Ritoque
- How to reach Puchuncaví
- How to reach Loncura
- How to reach Quintero
- How to reach Caleta Horcon
- How to Reach Top Cities in Chile
- How to reach Almendral
- How to reach Colchagua
- How to reach Chillepin
- How to reach Atacama
- How to reach Peumos
- How to reach Putu
- How to reach El Convento
- How to reach Quintalito
- How to reach La Isla
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Thorpe Astley
- How to reach Stanbridge
- How to reach Totsukacho