Villa GrimaldiCurrently Open
- Address: José Arrieta 8200, Santiago, Peñalolén, XIII Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +52-222925229
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
The Villa Grimaldi showcases the legacy of the victims of the violation of human rights under the rule of Augusto Pinochet. During his dictatorship, many people who held different beliefs than the ruler’s were tortured and killed. Out of all the victims, 4500 people prisoners were interrogated at the villa from which 226 or more were the ones who disappeared from the government.
Today, the place showcases the troubled times through replicas of the torture devices used, wall of names of all the people who suffered and a memory room with artefacts and information of the people.
Villa Grimaldi Travel Tips
- If you are travelling with children, you should know that the place can be quiet an intense visual sight for young ones.
Entrance Ticket Details For Villa Grimaldi
- Admission is Free.
- Guided tours are available but must be scheduled in advance and are only offered to groups of 10 or more.
Villa Grimaldi Hours
- Schedule of Reception: Monday to Sunday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6.00 pm.
- Guided Tours hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- Oral File hours and Consultation Room documentation center: Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
How to Reach Villa Grimaldi
- Metro: At Los Orientales (3 kilometers away)
- Bus: At PD1042 - Parada / Homecenter La Reina
- By Taxi
- By renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santiago before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Villa Grimaldi Address: José Arrieta 8200, Santiago, Peñalolén, XIII Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
- Villa Grimaldi Contact Number: +52-222925229
- Villa Grimaldi Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Villa Grimaldi(preferred time): 10:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Villa Grimaldi: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.87% of people who visit Santiago include Villa Grimaldi in their plan
95% of people start their Villa Grimaldi visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Villa Grimaldi
People normally also visit Falabella Parque Arauco while planning their trip to Villa Grimaldi.