Convento De San FrancescoCurrently Open
- Address: Rua do Campino de San Francisco 3, Santiago de Compostela, 15704, Spain Map
- Timings: 10:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-981581600
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Tower, Monastery , Cathedral
It is a early 13th century old Franciscan monastery, located in the old town and it was declared as the Historic-Artistic monument. According to the history, San Francisco of Assisi was welcomed by a family of Compostela during his pilgrimage to Santiago. During this journey, he decided to built the convent. However, in the early 18th century the building collapsed, leaving behind five arches. These arches are now being kept in the main cloister and the tomb of Cotolai. The baroque church, of the convent was built in mid 17th century. However, few alterations were made on the church.
Significant feature of the convent- The porch area where you can see Asorei’s best sculptures; the monument of St. Francis; The Holy Land Museum that house objects related to the Holy Places and other pilgrimage tradition.
Convento De San Francesco Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
- Pay a visit to the Holy Land Museum, situated within the convent.
- Maintain the tranquility of the church.
Convento De San Francesco Hours
- Mass: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
- In Summer: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Feast days: 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Rosary: 7:30 pm (everyday)
How to Reach Convento De San Francesco
- The monastery is located near Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. So, if you reach the church, you can visit the monastery, the Holy Land museum and many other attractions of Santiago by walking.
- Restaurant San Francisco
- Pedro Roca
- Salon de Te Dulce Victoria
- Restaurante San Clemente
- Casa Felisa
- Entre Pedras
- El Jairo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Convento De San Francesco Address: Rua do Campino de San Francisco 3, Santiago de Compostela, 15704, Spain
- Convento De San Francesco Contact Number: +34-981581600
- Convento De San Francesco Timing: 10:30 am - 08:30 pm
- Best time to visit Convento De San Francesco(preferred time): 04:30 pm - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Convento De San Francesco: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
24.69% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Convento De San Francesco in their plan
60% of people start their Convento De San Francesco visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Convento De San Francesco
62.5% of people prefer walking in order to reach Convento De San Francesco
People normally club together Cathedral Museum Or Museo Catedralicio and Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square while planning their visit to Convento De San Francesco.
Convento De San Francesco Reviews & Ratings
- Cathedral Of Santiago Of Compostela Or Catedral De Santiago De Compostela
- Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
- Praza Das Praterias
- Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos Or Catholic Kings Hostal
- Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
- Casa Da Parra Santiago De Compostela Or Parra House
- Praza De Abastos Or City Market