How to Reach Santiago De Compostela
HOW TO GET IN SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- By Air: If you are coming by flight, you need to reach Santiago de Compostela airport, located in Lavacolla. It is the closest airport and is 11km away from the city’s center. From the airport, you get bus on every 20 minutes to reach Santiago. From London Stansted, Ryan-air flies to and from Santiago. From Germany, Air Berlin flies to/from Santiago. 5 flights from Madrid and 1 daily flight from Barcelona to Santiago are available.
- By Train: Trains on almost every hour is available from A Coruna and the journey takes around 1 hour. From Madrid, two trains arrive daily to Santiago. Trains from Ourense are also available and the journey is about 2 hours.
- By Buses: Santiago’s bus station is located in the outskirt region of the city. From there, you will get buses to A Coruna, Noia (in the west) and Muros. ALSA, another important bus, available from Madrid to reach Santiago.
HOW TO GET AROUND SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- By Walk: Santiago is a small city. So, you can actually walk around Santiago de Compostela to take a city-tour.
- By Bus: If you are not so fond of walking, buses running from the airport and train station to the city are available. For instance, from Santiago de Compostela airport, you will get buses till the center of the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Santiago De Compostela. The most preferred mode of transport in Santiago De Compostela is Walking.
Average distance: 4.27 km Average time: 14 min
Walking 66.67%Walking 5 min Overall average time for 0.4 kms 5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 33.33%Bus 15 min Waiting 15 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 12 kms 32 min