Founded in 9th century, the museum displays variety of artwork that contain sculptures, paintings, ornamented arts (that were used for religious purpose), jewelry and documents based on Benedictine and Jacobean times. Along with this, the museum also holds the original altar that had been raised over Saint James’s tomb. You can also see the beautiful 13th century old Christ that belonged to an old Romanesque church.
Museo De Arte Sacra Travel Tips
- On Sunday, the museum doesn’t remain open during day time.
- Its open all the year around.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo De Arte Sacra
- For group – 1€
How to Reach Museo De Arte Sacra
- The museum is located near to the Cathedral of Santiago. Hence, from the cathedral you can walk for 7 minutes to reach the museum.
- Casa das Crechas
- Cafe Literarious
- Vinoteca Cervantes
- Restaurante lacobus
- O Elefante
- Pub Agarimo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.69% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Museo De Arte Sacra in their plan
95% of people start their Museo De Arte Sacra visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museo De Arte Sacra
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo De Arte Sacra
People normally also visit Hotel Pazo De Altamira while planning their trip to Museo De Arte Sacra.
Museo De Arte Sacra Reviews & Ratings
- Cathedral Of Santiago Of Compostela Or Catedral De Santiago De Compostela
- Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
- Praza Das Praterias
- Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos Or Catholic Kings Hostal
- Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
- Casa Da Parra Santiago De Compostela Or Parra House
- Praza De Abastos Or City Market