Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana, Santiago De Compostela
Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana, Santiago De Compostela - Address
Address: Praza do Obradoiro, Santiago de Compostela, 15705
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.8K times in trip plans
Hotel, Church, Landmark, Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids, University
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana, Santiago De Compostela
This is the massive square of Santiago de Compostela. It is also said to be the monumental center as the square is surrounded by important buildings and monuments of Santiago. For instance, the frontal side of the square has Santiago cathedral, and in another side other important buildings like Palacio de Raxoi, the Reyes Catholics hotel and college building of Santiago’s University are situated. This remains crowded by locals and tourists for the whole day. If you come on 25th July, you get to see the huge celebration of Saint James Day over here. On this day, open air auditoriums are set up where concerts, presentations and functions are held.
Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana Information
- Entry is free.
- The crowd remains crowded during peak seasons.
- On 25th July, Saint James Day celebration is held in this square.
- Evening can be considered as an ideal time to visit this place as many concerts, functions and presentation take place over here.
- The square has many exits leading to other tourist attractions of Santiago de Compostela.
How To reach Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Stations: Estacion de Autobuses de Santiago Compostela.
Restaurants Near Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
- Casa Marcelo
- Parador Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos Restaurant
- San Jaime
- Sant-Yago Restaurant
- Los Caracoles
- Restaurante Raxoi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.