Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De EspanaCurrently Open
- Address: Praza do Obradoiro, Santiago de Compostela, 15705, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Church, Landmark, Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids, University
This is the massive square of Santiago de Compostela. It is also said to be the monumental center as the square is surrounded by important buildings and monuments of Santiago. For instance, the frontal side of the square has Santiago cathedral, and in another side other important buildings like Palacio de Raxoi, the Reyes Catholics hotel and college building of Santiago’s University are situated. This remains crowded by locals and tourists for the whole day. If you come on 25th July, you get to see the huge celebration of Saint James Day over here. On this day, open air auditoriums are set up where concerts, presentations and functions are held.
- Entry is free.
- The crowd remains crowded during peak seasons.
- On 25th July, Saint James Day celebration is held in this square.
- Evening can be considered as an ideal time to visit this place as many concerts, functions and presentation take place over here.
- The square has many exits leading to other tourist attractions of Santiago de Compostela.
- Nearby Bus Stations: Estacion de Autobuses de Santiago Compostela.
- Casa Marcelo
- Parador Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos Restaurant
- San Jaime
- Sant-Yago Restaurant
- Los Caracoles
- Restaurante Raxoi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.1% of people start their Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
90.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
People normally club together Cathedral Of Santiago Of Compostela Or Catedral De Santiago De Compostela and Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square while planning their visit to Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana.