Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Praza da Quintana, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square - Review
This square is considered as a symbolic place of Santiago. On the south of the square, you get cathedral of Santiago, the home of the Vine, the Convent of San Palo Antealtares and house of Conga. The Sqaure has two levels, divided by few steps. The upper level is known as Quintana of the Dead and the lower level is known as Quintana Alive. It was built in the 16th century, when the council of Compostela decided to convert the cemetery of Quintana of the Dead into a public square. At present, the square is used to hold public events, concerts and many popular shows.
Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square Information
- Entry is free.
- It is a nice place to spend an hour in the evening.
- It is mostly used for public events.
- The best thing of this place is you get to hear the chimes of the cathedral at dusk.
- There is a huge cloistered convent located on just the opposite side of the Cathedral.
- In summer, you can enjoy drink in any one of the terraces of the square.
How To reach Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Station: Praza da Quintana de Vivos, 2. From here, the Square is 7 minutes driving distance away.
Restaurants Near Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
- Cre-Cotte – Santiago de Compostela
- El Santiago Cafe Bar
- O Beiro
- Cerveceria Restaurante Galeon A Raina Sl
- San Jaime
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
95% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
27.27% of people start their Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
90.57% of people prefer walking in order to reach Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
People normally club together Cathedral Of Santiago Of Compostela Or Catedral De Santiago De Compostela and Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana while planning their visit to Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square.