Praza Das PrateriasCurrently Closed
- Address: Praza Das Praterias, 15703 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Square, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Praza Das Praterias - Review
When it comes to tourist attractions, the first thing people think is about the Catedral del Apostolo. But the fact is the surrounding areas do deserve a visit. Each door of this huge cathedral opens to a plaza. Similarly, the south door opens to Prazas das Praterias. It is also popularly known as Plaza de las Platerias. The primary attraction of this square is the centerpiece that is a large fountain with a sculpture of 4 spirited horses with webbed feet, known as La Fuente de los Caballos. Beside this centerpiece, the plaza is also known as “the silversmith’s plaza”. For tourists, the arcades on the perimeter are like a haven for shopping where you get silver goods, trinkets and even souvenir shops.
Praza Das Praterias Information
- Entry is free.
- The old town or old quarter has plenty options for shopping and eating.
- The main attraction of the square is the centerpiece.
- The square doesn’t have any entrance fee.
How To reach Praza Das Praterias by Public Transport
- Nearby Bus Station: Estacion de autobuses. From there, it takes around 6 minutes driving distance to reach Praza das Praterias.
Restaurants Near Praza Das Praterias
There are restaurants and bars located on the streets of the praza. Other than this, there are restaurants nearby:
- O Beiro
- Cerveceria Restaurante Galeon A Raina SL
- San Jaime
- Quintana (cafe)
- Cre-Cotte-Santiago de Compostela
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Praza Das Praterias
71.25% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Praza Das Praterias in their plan
47.62% of people start their Praza Das Praterias visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Praza Das Praterias
66.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Praza Das Praterias
Praza Das Praterias Trips
Praza Das Praterias, Santiago De Compostela Reviews
- Casa Do Cabildo House
- Praza Da Quintana Or Quintana Square
- Cathedral Of Santiago Of Compostela Or Catedral De Santiago De Compostela
- Portico De La Gloria
- Palacio De Xelmirez Or Gelmirez Palace
- Inmaculada Square Or Praza Da Inmaculada
- Plaza Del Obradoiro Or Plaza De Espana
- Palacio De Raxoi Or Pazo De Raxoi
- Museo De La Casa De La Troia