It is the market of Santiago where you can just dig into freshly prepared food that tastes like a heaven. The moment you step into the market, the aroma of food, especially the sea foods are bound to awake your sense and make you feel hungry. You get to buy fresh fish, meat, vegetables and cheese that are recently brought from the sea and the farm. Apart from the food, the architecture of the market place deserves admiration.
‘Things’ you cannot give a miss – try the miniature cuisines served in a small ‘chic’ restaurant, named Abatos 2.0; try out the innovative services like buying fresh daily milk that you get from the vending machine.
Praza De Abastos Or City Market Travel Tips
- Busiest time of the market is from 11am to 12pm. If you wish to avoid the crowd, prefer not to visit the market during this time.
- Thursday and Saturday are the best days to visit the market.
- Try the famous “miniature cuisines”, available in Abastos 2.0.
- Try out the innovative seafood available in the market.
- It is a nice place to spend an hour or so with kids.
How to Reach Praza De Abastos Or City Market
- Nearby Bus Station – Estacion de Autobuses. From there, hire a cab and within 8 minutes you will reach the market city.
There are food outlets within the market. Apart from that, there are restaurants located near the market. Some of them are: -
- La Churrasquita
- El Asesino
- A Sopa
- Kartoffel Salchicheria
- Pizzeria Picolo SL
- Cafe E Copas M*
- Texture Galegas s.L.N.E.
- Broa Restaurante
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santiago De Compostela before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santiago De Compostela and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.08% of people who visit Santiago De Compostela include Praza De Abastos Or City Market in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
64.08% of people start their Praza De Abastos Or City Market visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Praza De Abastos Or City Market
73.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Praza De Abastos Or City Market