Are you looking for what to do in Santiago De Compostela?
PLACES TO SEE
- Catedral de Santiago de Compostela (Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela): This cathedral is the most popular tourist attraction of Santiago. In this cathedral, Saint James the great was buried. Its architectural design follows Romanesque style with Baroque frontage of Praza do Obdradoiro while the interior follows Romanesque style in Portico da Gloria. On regular occasion, Botafumeiro (huge silver incense burner) is shown.
- Hostal dos Reis Catolicos (Catholic Kings Hostal): It was build in 1499 as hostal where pilgrims who slept on the streets of Santiago was given shelter. Later on, it is converted as a 5 star Parador hotel. Its interior design has made this place as one of the popular tourist destination in Santiago.
- Museo de Catedral: It’s a 16th century old museum, spread over 4 floors with Gothic style passage. The 2nd floor holds huge collection of religious art including Botafumeiros.
- Museo das Peregrinacions e de Santiago: If you are interested in knowing more about Saint James, the cathedral, the pilgrimage and about Santiago de Compostela, this is the place you should visit.
- Palacio de Raxoi: Pazo de Raxoi (the other name), build of the western side of Praza do Obradoiro. It’s an 18th century old building which was the place to hold city council.
Among other attractions of Santiago, Praza das Praterias, Colexio de San Xerome and many more are there.
THINGS TO DO
Beside these tourist attractions, walking down the streets of the city is also a nice way of enjoying hiking in Santiago de Compostela. If you wish to get a different view of the city, book an aeroplane tour. It is bit expensive but the experience is going to stay in your mind forever.
Below we have a list of things to do in Santiago De Compostela and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Santiago De Compostela getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Santiago De Compostela with confidence.