Catedral Primada De Las AmericasCurrently Open
- Address: Callejón de los Curas, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic Map
- Phone: +1-8096823848
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Catedral Primada de las Americas is locally known as the Basilica Cathedral of Santa María la Menor. It dates back to 1514 and is popular for being the oldest cathedral of the New World. As the construction lasted for more than 3 decades, you will get to see a beautiful amalgamation of the Gothic vault, Romanesque arches, and baroque ornamentation. Its ancient art collection along with period furniture is a treat for art lovers and history buffs. Undoubtedly one of the top tourist attractions in Santo Domingo, Catedral Primada de las Americas should be added in your itinerary. It is a fascinating place to explore the combination of art, history, and religion.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santo Domingo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santo Domingo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Catedral Primada De Las Americas Address: Callejón de los Curas, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
- Catedral Primada De Las Americas Contact Number: +1-8096823848
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!