Fortaleza OzamaCurrently Open
- Address: Calle Las Damas 1, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic Map
- Phone: +1-8096881553
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
The structure of Fortaleza Ozama has witnessed the Santo Domingo’s past from the early 16th-century. It is an important part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ciudad Colonial. Considered to be one of the oldest military constructions in the Americas with European origin, it has become a national landmark today. The fortress was first used as a military base and was also used to imprison black slaves and pirates. Going to the top of Torre del Homenaje on the premises to enjoy stunning views has become one of the best things to do in Santo Domingo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Santo Domingo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santo Domingo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fortaleza Ozama Address: Calle Las Damas 1, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
- Fortaleza Ozama Contact Number: +1-8096881553
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!