Santorini Tourism, Greece
Visit Santorini - Best of Santorini
Santorini Island is one of the most spectacular Volcanic Islands in the Aegean Sea. Once an active volcano, the island is now completely dormant. You will still be able to see the vestiges of what it was through the smaller islands of Palea Kameni and Nea Kameni that are a part of it. Although they are dormant. There are a few volcanic craters still existing on the islands. This makes a visit to these simply thrilling.
The volcanoes a side, Santorini is famous for its beaches. Red, White and Black are common names for the various beaches all over the island. The dramatic cliffs protruding into the green sea are certainly tourist pullers. There are also quite a few ancient ruins worth seeing. Another appeal of the place is the construction of the quaint little villages with their tiny, colourful houses which are worth noting.
If you want to explore a rather lesser known side to Greece, Santorini is a wonderful portal for it. This lovely island and its surrounding areas are sure to be the ideal idyllic beach holiday!
Santorini Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Santorini tips for your visit
- Santorini Time Zone: EEST (Eastern Europe Summer Time), GMT++03:00 hours
- Currency: Currency used in Santorini is Euro.
- Electricity: In Greece the power sockets used are of type F. For power sockets of type F you need a power plug adaptor. Voltage: 230 V, Frequency: 50 Hz
- Internet: 3G and 4G Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Santorini is Greek.
- Security: Police: (+30) 2286 022649, District First Aid Station: (+30) 2286 081222, Greek National Tourist Organization Office: (+30) 2286 027199
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Be aware of rental scams, especially with agencies working only with motorbikes and ATVs. Using these types of vehicles is very common on Santorini and there are a lot of rental agencies. Some of them are ready to cheat. They will offer faulty motorbikes or ATVs for a lower price, but in case of accident they will demand that the customer pay for the whole cost of damage.
- While this is obvious, remember not to shop at stores or order at restaurants without posted prices.
Are you looking for a Santorini travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Santorini- Know before you go to Santorini
Facts and Stats for Santorini*
Santorini: Crime and Safety
How safe is Santorini for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Santorini.
Burglary and Theft 8.33 (Very Low)
Mugging and Robbery 8.33 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 25 (Low)
Car Stealing 8.33 (Very Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 16.67 (Very Low)
Attacks 8.33 (Very Low)
Drug offense 8.33 (Very Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 91.67 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 75 (High)
Property crimes and Vandalism 8.33 (Very Low)
Living in Santorini - Quality of Life
Safety Index 91.15 (Very High)
Climate Index 98.06 (Very High)
Cost of Living Index 84.86 (Moderate)
Property Price to Income Ratio 8.87 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 71.73 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Santorini
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Santorini
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.41 USD
International Movie per seat 9.85 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 49.25 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 98.09 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 108.76 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Santorini Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Santorini
Santorini Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Santorini
2-Day Santorini Experience from Athens 52 Reviews
Duration: 2 Days
Stay overnight on the gorgeous Greek island of Santorini where sweeping sand beaches, volcanic vistas and pretty whitewashed ...Book Now
Santorini Half-Day Sunset Wine Tasting
Duration: 4 Hrs
Taste the celebrated wines of Santorini on a 4-hour wine adventure to experience the amazing sunset of Santorini at a hill-to...Book Now
Half-Day Santorini South Coast and Akrotiri Tour from Fira
Duration: 5 Hrs
This bus tour takes you to the Southern part of the island where you visit the hidden gems of the area. The first stop of the...Book Now
Full Day Santorini Caldera Cruise New on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
The tour starts with the bus transfer from the pick-up point to the Port of Athinios.Book Now
- Imerovigli Tourism
- Mykonos Tourism
- Tinos Tourism
- Crete Tourism
- Chania Tourism
- Athens Tourism
- Drapetsona Tourism