Visit Santorini - Best of Santorini
Santorini Island is one of the most spectacular Volcanic Islands in the Aegean Sea. Once an active volcano, the island is now completely dormant. You will still be able to see the vestiges of what it was through the smaller islands of Palea Kameni and Nea Kameni that are a part of it. Although they are dormant. There are a few volcanic craters still existing on the islands. This makes a visit to these simply thrilling.
The volcanoes a side, Santorini is famous for its beaches. Red, White and Black are common names for the various beaches all over the island. The dramatic cliffs protruding into the green sea are certainly tourist pullers. There are also quite a few ancient ruins worth seeing. Another appeal of the place is the construction of the quaint little villages with their tiny, colourful houses which are worth noting.
If you want to explore a rather lesser known side to Greece, Santorini is a wonderful portal for it. This lovely island and its surrounding areas are sure to be the ideal idyllic beach holiday!
Santorini Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Santorini tips for your visit
- Santorini Time Zone: EEST (Eastern Europe Summer Time), GMT++03:00 hours
- Currency: Currency used in Santorini is Euro.
- Electricity: In Greece the power sockets used are of type F. For power sockets of type F you need a power plug adaptor. Voltage: 230 V, Frequency: 50 Hz
- Internet: 3G and 4G Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Santorini is Greek.
- Security: Police: (+30) 2286 022649, District First Aid Station: (+30) 2286 081222, Greek National Tourist Organization Office: (+30) 2286 027199
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Be aware of rental scams, especially with agencies working only with motorbikes and ATVs. Using these types of vehicles is very common on Santorini and there are a lot of rental agencies. Some of them are ready to cheat. They will offer faulty motorbikes or ATVs for a lower price, but in case of accident they will demand that the customer pay for the whole cost of damage.
- While this is obvious, remember not to shop at stores or order at restaurants without posted prices.
Are you looking for a Santorini travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Santorini Tourist Information
Santorini Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Santorini
2-Day Santorini Experience from Athens52 Reviews
Duration: 2 Days
Stay overnight on the gorgeous Greek island of Santorini where sweeping sand beaches, volcanic vistas and pretty whitewashed ...Book Now
Save 7%Sunset Sailing Catamaran Cruise in Santorini with BBQ and Drinks84 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Enjoy a perfect sailing Sunset tour in the magnificent island of Santorini on board our catamaran. The catamaran sails to the...
Save 10%Santorini Full Day Sightseeing Tour215 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
A full day sightseeing tour visiting almost the whole island, including the most significant places of Santorini. The excavat...
Save 7%Sailing Catamaran Cruise in Santorini with BBQ and Drinks45 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
Enjoy a perfect sailing 5-hour tour from the magnificent island of Santorini onboard the catamaran, sailing to the most amazi...
Popular Hotels in SantoriniView all Hotels in Santorini
More about Santorini
15 Bollywood Celebrities Honeymoon DestinationsWant to know about famous bollywood couples and their honeymoon destinations? Plan your dream honeymoon based on these beautiful locales.
How To Be A Traveller Not A TouristHow to be a traveler and not a tourist and get travel tips so that you don't do annoying things that tourists do. Enjoy the holidays like a traveler.
How to Choose a Honeymoon DestinationHow to choose a honeymoon destination. Follow the tips for finding the perfect spot to have the most memorable moments of your life.
- Imerovigli Tourism
- Ornos Tourism
- Mykonos Tourism
- Aitania Tourism
- Tinos Tourism
- Crete Tourism
- Chania Tourism
- Athens Tourism
- Lindos Tourism
- Drapetsona Tourism
- Rhodes Tourism
- Limni Vouliagmenis Tourism
Facts and Stats for Santorini*
Santorini: Crime and Safety
How safe is Santorini for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Santorini.
Burglary and Theft 6.25 (Very Low)
Mugging and Robbery 6.25 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 18.75 (Very Low)
Car Stealing 6.25 (Very Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 12.5 (Very Low)
Attacks 6.25 (Very Low)
Drug offense 6.25 (Very Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 93.75 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 75 (High)
Property crimes and Vandalism 6.25 (Very Low)
Living in Santorini - Quality of Life
Safety Index 92.65 (Very High)
Climate Index 98.06 (Very High)
Cost of Living Index 76.49 (Moderate)
Property Price to Income Ratio 10.07 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 60.67 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Santorini
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Santorini
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.38 USD
International Movie per seat 9.27 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 44.44 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 100.86 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 92.74 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.